Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ymca

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry Ymca

    I hate my YMCA in January . Went this evening and over 350 cars there . Had all those New Year Resolutioners clogging up the works . Gotta get thru Jan and it will drop by a third , Feb and probably another third will drop out .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    Sounds like you at least have a decent Y. The one here probably hasn't seen 350 cars in 6 months.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    It really is a great little Y . It's the only one in the county (similiar to the size and pop. of Wise Co. and it's in a little town about like BSG. Pool , sauna , steamroom , 2 bball courts , raquetball courts , weightroom (machines and free) and tons of classes everyday . Rec league bball , dodgeball , flag football , soccer . Something for everyone every age .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    I'd like to go to one that has one of those rooms that has wall to wall trampolines. I don't know what they are called.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo99 View Post
    I'd like to go to one that has one of those rooms that has wall to wall trampolines. I don't know what they are called.
    An asylum?
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking Re: Ymca

    LOL!!! I thought those were padded walls???

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    I wish there was a Y in Scott County or some decent gym in my area.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    The Y is a great bang for the buck in my opinion . Lots to offer for $30/ mth . Especially in the winter when being outside is not much of an option .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    I was a member of the Y in Bristol TN for about 7 years before I moved. They really had their act together with lots of programs for everyone and were constantly making improvements to the facility. If they ever do build any in Scott or Wise county they should look to Bristol for ideas.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ymca

    I miss having a good indoor municipal pool.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •