i dont care about it, as long as they dont mess with the comedy line up.
their thursdays are bad ass, community, parks and recreation, the office and 30 rocl
What do y'all think of the whole Tonight Show/Leno situation?
i dont care about it, as long as they dont mess with the comedy line up.
their thursdays are bad ass, community, parks and recreation, the office and 30 rocl
I love the Thursday night lineup as well.
Just sucks to see The Tonight Show struggle. That was must-see TV back in the day with Johnny, Ed and Doc.
I don't like Conan O'brian: never have, never will. I haven't watched "The Tonight Show" since Jay Leno left. And, I have only watched his new show about 5 times since it came on.
Conan is more popular with the younger audience. NBC knew that from the start. They also knew that it would take a while for Conan to introduce himself to pretty much a whole new audience, just as Leno had to do after Johnny Carson retired. IMO they should have either left Leno where he was or sent him out to pasture. They shouldn't have tried to pull the stunt they pulled. They were just worried that he would jump ship to Fox or another competitor and take his audience with him. They should have just paid him off to sign a clause that says he couldn't do another show with another company.
I didn't think it was Conan that was doing bad.... I thought it was the Jay Leno Show that was hacking it...so they were going to move him back to his 11:30 time slot, and move Conan to 12:05.
Conan says he won't do the Tonight show at 12:05... he'll get on Fox probably...they need this.
Yeah this isn't about Conan and his ratings, they are great, it's Leno's show that is bombing. I used to watch him all the time, then it just got boring, time to pass it to Conan. I don't blame him one bit if he left, NBC is trying to screw him, they lose him and they lose a whole lot.
They were really both doing bad. Leno was getting bad ratings for prime time and the local NBC stations were getting mad because they depend on high prime time ratings for lead in to the late local news (which they receive advertisement profit for). The Leno show was actually making money for NBC because it is a lot cheaper to produce a talk show than a sitcom or drama.
The Tonight Show was losing the ratings battle with Letterman, but Leno lost to Letterman too in the early 90's. Conan has a different sense of humor than Leno and most long time Leno viewers were not compatible with Conan's humor so they stopped watching. I just hope that NBC realizes that Conan has the greater upside to them. I mean Leno will be working maybe 5 more years. Letterman is not too far off from retiring either and Conan will be the only recognizable face on late night tv, which will cause a big swing in viewership.
But right now all NBC is doing is giving all of their competitors fodder to feed off of to crack jokes. Heck even Leno, Conan, and Jimmy Fallon make jokes about it. It is just a mess right now and having Leno at 11:35, Conan at 12:05 and Fallon at 1:05 is just not going to work. Leno or Conan one will have to go.
Jimmy Kimmel did his whole show the other night with a gray wig on and a fake big chin, mocking Jay Leno. He even did his own version of "headlines".
Conan > Leno
He's funnier in every sense of the word.
[I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]
Bookmarks