Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Bbq...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Bbq...

    Where's a decent place, doesn't have to be amazingly good, to eat some BBQ(anything from ribs to bbq sanwiches) around here? Closer the better of course, but was wondering about Abingdon? Any places over there or really just anywhere 'closer'. Just have been craving some good bbq, that's all I ate over the last few months with the campaign events and I need a fix.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Blue smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2008
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Parks Mill BBQ in Abingdon is great! Smoked pork and the sauce isn't mixed in which I like better. They have a lunch special - sandwich, chips, drink for a little over $5. In Kingsport I like Braedens BBQ the best. Ridgewood is my favorite of all though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    The Pit - Chilhowie. A friend runs it. I like my BBQ better but its still good. Their cakes are great though.

    Are they still doing BBQ beside the Apple house just past Glamorgan? We had them cater some in at work one day and it was pretty good.

    My boss here at work smoked some off this weekend and is selling it here at work. His is very good. I have a butt to smoke ASAP as well so I can get it out of the icebox.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Bad Wolfe BBQ in Roanoke is the best...freakin great, and way cheap.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Where's a decent place, doesn't have to be amazingly good, to eat some BBQ(anything from ribs to bbq sanwiches) around here? Closer the better of course, but was wondering about Abingdon? Any places over there or really just anywhere 'closer'. Just have been craving some good bbq, that's all I ate over the last few months with the campaign events and I need a fix.
    ridgewood (i think) in piney flats is featured in southern living and other magazines. it wins national awards,
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    It is worth a trip to Ridgewood.
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sage View Post
    It is worth a trip to Ridgewood.
    I saw a group of about 10-15 guys on motorcycles making a trip from the other side of Kentucky to Ridgewood last summer in BSG. I've seen people from Memphis on UT boards talking about driving from the other side of the state to eat there. It's no joke from what I hear. I can't believe I still haven't been. I think it's actually in Bluff City too, not Piney Flats.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    You are correct IL
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I have a butt to smoke ASAP as well so I can get it out of the icebox.
    OK it's official- I'm worried about Stripes.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bbq...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I saw a group of about 10-15 guys on motorcycles making a trip from the other side of Kentucky to Ridgewood last summer in BSG. I've seen people from Memphis on UT boards talking about driving from the other side of the state to eat there. It's no joke from what I hear. I can't believe I still haven't been. I think it's actually in Bluff City too, not Piney Flats.
    Lung, Beast and NSSB, we will all have to go sometime. It is good stuff. Their beans are really good.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •