Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: R.i.p.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    R.i.p.

    dimebag 0

    0 61 lennon john06
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    John Lennon was more famous and well-known, but ill be ****ed if Dime wasnt the biggest badas$ on the planet.


    RIP
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    but ill be ****ed if Dime wasnt the biggest badas$ on the planet.RIP
    I was in Kingsport the next morning driving down Stone Dr. when I heard about what had happened on XM Radio. I cried like a baby. I got to Kroger and called my boy who works at Pound High School to tell him about it and me and him both were weeping like little girls.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    I didnt go to school. I woke up and heard the news, my mom had the news on and i heard about a rock star getting murdered, once i figured out who it was i just sat in front of the TV for hours.

    I was a junior in HS, maybe a Sr.


    and i know one specific poster will disagree, but no Pantera guy EVER did anything nearly as metal as they did together.
    Damageplan sucked, even DOWN was not Pantera.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    and i know one specific poster will disagree, but no Pantera guy EVER did anything nearly as metal as they did together.
    Damageplan sucked, even DOWN was not Pantera.



    ......waiting for yankeesfan

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    and i know one specific poster will disagree, but no Pantera guy EVER did anything nearly as metal as they did together.
    Damageplan sucked, even DOWN was not Pantera.

    Agreed. I liked Damageplan in passing because I was just a huge Darrell fan and loved everything he ever did including the Rebel Meets Rebel stuff with David Allan Coe. The first DOWN album was AWESOME but everyone after got worse and worse. The stuff that Vinnie Paul is doing with Hell Yeah is good but can't touch anything listed above. Pantera was the **** and there's very little stuff that can compare.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    Steer who is the chik singing in that video?
    GO VOLS

  9. #9
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    I think NOLA was Phillip Anselmo's best work. All Pantera work included. However, Pantera was the best of the best (Until Reinventing the Steel) I think thats when the band turned and it showed in their music. I am team Phil, I think Dime and Vinny wanted Phil to be something he wasnt. They are very arena rock based, Phil is very underground in the things he likes. Somehow from CFH till TGSTK it was perfection.
    I agree with Lung, DOWN is my fav band of all time. NOLA stands alone as my fav album ever.
    The other albums have gotten progressively worse.
    After seeing Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax and hopefully Ill see them all with Metallica this next year. I think Pantera would be the 5th, if those 4 are the big 4, Pantera would be the 5th.

    BTW Im goin to my 1st Clutch show on NYE at the Orange Peel, I cant wait really.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  10. #10
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.i.p.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
    Steer who is the chik singing in that video?
    I saw that show when it aired, In This Moment is a quality band. Shes ****in hot.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •