Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nsd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is National Signing Day and brings on one of my favorite days of the year. I get completely no work done and hit F5 a gazillion times on the Generals Quarters. What are everyone's thoughts leading into tomorrow, I know there are quite a few on here who follow recruiting pretty heavily so let's get some predictions. If there are some names on here I left off add them and we will see what happens.

Here are a few left on UT's board so let's begin there.

Markeith Ambles - 5* WR, 24th ranked player in country - USC, UT, or UNC (I say UT)
    Da'Rick Rogers - 5* WR, 9th ranked player in country - UGA or UT (I say UGA)
    James Stone - 4* OL, down between UT and Bama (I say UT)

I would absolutely love to pull all three but just don't see it happening. If for some reason UT landed both Ambles and Rogers this would go down as one of the greatest WR classes in the history of the NCAA. Ambles, Rogers, Milton, Meline, and Hunter. That would be insane. With that being said, I don't think we land both and could potentially not land either. Who really knows????

Here are a few others in the Top 100 that are either still open or swaying a bit. What do you got.

Seantrel Henderson, OL - My guess is Big Ten country and tOSU
    Keenan Allen, DB - Down to Clemson, Cal, and Bama ( I say Bama )
    Marcus Lattimore, RB - SC or Auburn ( I say SC because Auburn got Dyer)
    Christian Jones, OLB - I say FSU
    Shon Coleman, OL - Ole Miss, Auburn, or Bama ( I got Auburn )
    Chaz Green, OL - Florida or USC ( I say Florida) because of distance

I know there are more but that is what I could think of off the top of my head. Can't wait until tomorrow.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Nsd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I was off tomorrow.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seantrel Henderson, OL - My guess is Big Ten country and tOSU
    Clown me all you want, but I feel REALLY good about Miami's chance with Henderson. His parents want to move away from Minnesota to whereever he goes to school, they want warmer weather, C-bus vs. Coral Gables...I think Miami's warmer and gives him just as good if not a better chance of early PT. His dad also wants to get into the rap industry, where better than Miami? Of course, he still has USC and UF in his final list as far as the weather part goes. But--when it comes to PT, atmosphere, education, and weather, Miami just seems like it fits Henderson and his family best.

I also feel really good about Ego Ferguson to Miami, even though Hargraves' head coach Robert Prunty just got hired on as the DL coach at Texas Tech.

I think Josh Shirley ends up at USC, I'll be shocked if he leaves the west coast. I think Markeith Ambles ends up at USC too. I agree on the rest of your picks.

If for some reason UT landed both Ambles and Rogers this would go down as one of the greatest WR classes in the history of the NCAA. Ambles, Rogers, Milton, Meline, and Hunter.
    Sorry, but I don't think that class is as good as the one Miami got a few years ago. Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd, Travis Benjamin, Tommy Streeter, Thearon Collier, Davon Johnson, and Kendal Thompkins was a deeper/better class, had more of a mixture of speed/size overall. I'm biased, sure, but I think that's the better class. IF UT were to pull all those guys you listed though--great WR class, no doubt.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You could be right on Henderson, who knows about him. I guess where UT isn't in the mix I haven't paid that much attention to him.

And as far as Ambles who the heck knows either. This sounds kinda stupid but he hasn't set a time to announce so I honestly think he is gonna see what Da'Rick Rogers decides and then he will make his announcement.

I will say that I am very impressed with how Derek Dooley has kept the class together and actually probably made it stronger. I was really looking at this class to fall apart and end up around 20-25 in the nation on NSD. With all he has done it will more than likely be a Top 10 class especially if he can land one of the WR's and Stone.

Guess we will have to wait and see, many twist and turns are coming I'm sure. USC has been too quiet leading up to this day so I am sure there will be some surprises there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think that class is as good as the one Miami got a few years ago. Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd, Travis Benjamin, Tommy Streeter, Thearon Collier, Davon Johnson, and Kendal Thompkins was a deeper/better class, had more of a mixture of speed/size overall. I'm biased, sure, but I think that's the better class. IF UT were to pull all those guys you listed though--great WR class, no doubt.
    That would be close. IF and this is all hypothetical and probably won't happen BUT, all 5 of those for UT would rank in the Top 50 at their position with 3 being in the Top 10.

Miami's 2008 class had 7 in the Top 100, 4 in the Top 50, and only 1 in the Top 10 as far as WR/ATH go.

Either way this is crazy to compare them but fun to do. Both really solid classes and that is IF UT can pull both which I have said before I don't think they will.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ambles is a diva. With that said I believe he is a Vol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think UT gets Rogers but Ambles goes to USC. Henderson to USC.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

id say rogers goes to UGA, he has been solid for them the whole time. ambles is prolly a trojan as well

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh and theres almost zero chance keenan allen comes to bama

its pathetic,but he changed his mind because alabama wouldnt offer his no talent brother a QB scholly, so id say its between cal and penn state.

and i heard da'rick visited UF, and did UT offer nance? if so, they could land rogers

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can also see Rodgers changing his commitment as well.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast