Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Wonder..

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    wonder how long it'll take Obama to buddy up with Russia???
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's a maverick...Sarah Palin said so herself. BTW Wonder if she's back home where she can see Russia from her house this morning? </div></div>

    I just wonder if you will see Palin in DC now actually. With Stephens winning, she will have to appoint a new Senator in Alaska, and she could appoint herself, which is a better option for her IMO if she aspires to be a VP or Prez.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #13
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't you think that he could help shape more important decisions by being an advisor to Obama with a Democratic majority in Congress (which they'll have whether he's in the Senate or not), </div></div>

    It's not about majority at this point, it is about keeping it from becoming fillabuster proof if the Dems get 2 more seats...</div></div>

    Not sure if your math's right. Unless I've seen something different than you have, there's 3 things to point out here:

    1) Joe Lieberman has probably done enough stumping for McCain to get him drummed out of the Dem's Caucus and into the GOP's since he's an Independent, so there's a +1 gain for the GOP #'s.
    2) 3 of the 4 still undecided races have Republicans with slim leads, and the other (Minnesota) is a virtual tie where a recount may have to be held.

    3) It's still HIGHLY doubtful that McCain would even be offered a Cabinet position by Obama. Someone can correct me on the rules, but I think that it's not just that a Democrat automatically takes his place on a vacant seat--that there'd have to be a runoff for his seat between Arizona candidates for the seat. Either that, or the state's Governor can appoint someone to fill the post for the remainder of McCain's term. Both scenarios I've seen happen in other states, not sure if it's a state-by-state thing or if certain criteria have to be met for one action to be taken instead of another. SO--that's not a lock to happen.

    Let's say that McCain does go to Obama's cabinet. Given the above 3 things, it's nowhere near a given (and really not a real possibility) that the Dems will get that filibuster-proof majority of 60...they'd be just short of it. They're currently at 56 (counting Lieberman in the Dem Caucus), and would need all 4 still undecided races to fall their way OR 3/4 to fall their way and McCain go into the Cabinet and 'Zona's Governor (who's a Dem) to appoint a Dem in his place--to get right at 60.

    All in all, I don't think that's an imminent possibility. Suit yourself to think that it is though.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    If the Dems are smart they try to keep Leiberman and use his association with McCain to garner some of McCain's support for some of their most important agendas. That would help immensely in getting some things passed. And, after last night, I don't think McCain would hesitate to help if he thought the people would benefit. The McCain I saw last night was the McCain of old...and he was way more likeable once the race was over.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    I think he came down in the end more of McCain not wanting Obama to be president even more than it was McCain wanting to be president.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #16
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    alot of people say Hilary, but I think not. I think she'll be the next supreme court justice.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    Hiliary a supreme court justice?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #18
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    I've heard the same.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #19
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    That's pretty much the buzz around that.

    Boucher was offered Secretary of Agriculture, probably a big reason he supported Obama so early, but will more than likely decline so he doesn't lose his seat in the house to one of the Kilgores

  10. #20
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    You may be right. Boucher has it easy here at this time. He makes a lot of cush money for doing nothing with no opposition.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •