Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bipolar... Example

Bipolar... Example

Being Bipolar is a Depressive disorder... it is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts.. effects the way one eats and sleeps, views themselves and their outlook toward things. Someone said that you are born with Bipolar.. that is not true... that is like saying someone is born gay... itjust is not true. I think people become this way because they become hopeless. And the Bible teaches that hope deferred makes the heart sick. Joyve Myer has written a book called : Battlefield of the mind" I would recemend that book to everyone.... it explains a lot about our minds. Our mind should belong to God but when we become hopeless, depressed, stressed.. or any other that is when we start to go down hill. The Bible teaches that we are fearfully and wonderfully made... but somewhere along the way some are convinced differently so therefor they begin to see themselves differently. Their mind has been changed. I would like to give some examples of a manic episode:
    1. Poor Judgement
    2. Unrealistic belief in ones ability or powers
    3. Spending Sprees
    4. Increased sexual drive
    Abuse of Drugs
    Aggressive behavior
    And denial that anything is wrong

Okay I think we all have experienced at least one of these or some may still experience them. When we allow our minds to be controlled by these types of things that is when we start getting deeper and deeper.

Sadley sometimes Suicidal feelings occur also
    : Talking about wanting to die
    2. Feeling hopeless that things cannot get better
    3. Feeling like a burden to family
    Just a few examples.... When the enemy gets us so down that we feel like there is no way out... he is a liar.. there is a way out just call out to Jesus for help and he will help you... you must do your part to... and that is to stop the negative thinking patterns and renew your mind with the Bible. Find out who you are in Christ and how he views you as his child.

I encourage everyone to study Bipolar disorder and really pray about it... I am not sure about all this Scientific studies and stuff... but I do believe a majority of the symptoms come from the enemy to destroy us. I encourage each of you to study and pray about it and allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what we all need to see. YOu may have a love one who suffers from this.. I do.. Pray for them with all your might.... love them and teach them the way to go. Dont allow the enemy to still your joy that God gave to you through circumstances that happen in our lives... bad things will happen but that is when we need to lean on God for strength. To be perfectly honest .. and if we are honest there has been times in our lives that we have felt like giving up.... at anytime we could have snapped and became angry.. that leads to bitterness... became hopeless that leads to depressed.. and so on. Please do not be offended.. I have someone in my family that is trying to get past this... she has caome to the end of the tunnell and is coming out.... it was a hard time for them but now the realize the truth... you ought to hear their testimony.. how The Devil sucked them in with lies and hoplessness.. it is powerful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bipolar... Example

[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] You have stated what the disorder involves. Research has shown that a definitive cause for the disorder has not been determined. Some theories include heredity, hormones, brain chemical imbalances, and possibly the result of previous illnesses. These are things that people can not and do not control. I will never argue that prayer shouldn't be a part of the treatment of these types of disorders. But, it is my opinion that medical interventions (i.e. meds and psychotherapy) are absolutely necessary. These things do not go away. They are lifelong. I only hope that someone who has a better background in the mental health/counseling field would correct me or give a more detailed explaination.

Yes I have stated the side effects of the disorder.Right they have not found the cause of the disorder... tHAT IS WHY i AM TELLING YOU THIS. I agree that the medical field can help and treat this... but at the same time God can defeat it. I think with Gods help we can conntrol most of the behavior patterns. Can you give me evidence that we can not? There are a lot of scripture that teaches this.. that you can with dependancy on God. Saying they do not go away or that they are life long just puts hopelessness or doubt that God can completely deliver someone from this disorder. Do you really believe that? I have seen with my own eyes people healed from cancer... people walking that had not walked in years and many more miracles that God performed. If you are looking for a secular explination then that is what you need to do .... I am only sharing what my faith that God has enabled me with.... I believe in sharing the hope that God is in control, not your emotions or behavior if you allow him to be... last time I checked God is still on the throne and can do what ever he wants... if that is heal then he will... if it is a process of bringing someone out of it through medicine and council that is what he will do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think anyone who believes in God is going to tell you that he can't heal people, Pac. I just think it's going a bit too far to say that the reason why he can heal is because those with a disorder/disease are demonically possessed.

If demonic possession is the reasoning for a disease/disorder, how do you explain the fact that pastors and other leaders of churches who are supposed to be in tune and in line with God die or suffer from same said diseases/disorders every single day? Demonic possession can only occur if you do something in your life that invites the demon into your soul. If you're a God-fearing Christian and have very little sin in your life, then why do we still get colds? Why are we still at risk for cancer? Why do older Christians get Alzheimers? Because no matter how pious any of us are/aren't, we're still imperfect human beings.

Scientific knowledge granted through God and dilligent work by researchers can explain these things so we can understand it. I believe it still goes back to what I said about us being sinful beings from the start, and thusly imperfect, which causes us to be susceptible to diseases/disorders to our physical body/mind on this earth.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Cane I never said someone with this disorder is possessed... I only said it was influenced by demonic spirits... it it is different. For example: Love and hate are opposites right? If I choose to hate I am taking on the influence of the creator of that.. and that is the devil. If I choose to love then... do you see now? I have a cold right now... I am not possesed... some think I am on here though.. ha ha.All I am saying is that God desires us to have peace... and depression and other things stand in the way of that... so he will remove them... but we must be willing to give them up. I have had a lot of replies that states what you are saying like colds, cancer and infirmities of the body... to expain them.. Okay here you go... we will all be sick at one time... that is just how it will be.. we will aquire headaches.. stress and so on... I never mentioned that.. these were not characteristics of the disorder that we were discussing... this is a whole other issue.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cane I never said someone with this disorder is possessed... I only said it was influenced by demonic spirits... it it is different.</div></div>

Then maybe you should have differentiated between the two before me and about 5 other people misunderstood you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never mentioned that.. these were not characteristics of the disorder that we were discussing... this is a whole other issue. </div></div>

That's right--myself and others brought up other affirmities that God has the ability to heal. It's not just pigeon-holed to something that Joyce Meyer decided to write about in her book. There's a whole world of diseases/disorders out there that cause people to not have "peace", and God can heal them. You say certain things are caused by possession or influence of demonic spirits--isn't that really the same thing? You can either be possessed, or a demon can have influence over you? Same difference, isn't it? Either way...science combined with a faith in God is to me the best way to rid yourself of a disease or disorder of any type. I don't get the people who want to "pray the demon out" when they can take a pill that's meant to get rid of or lessen their lack of "peace" that was created by knowledge of man given by God.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For example: Love and hate are opposites right? If I choose to hate I am taking on the influence of the creator of that.. and that is the devil. If I choose to love then... do you see now? I have a cold right now... I am not possesed... some think I am on here though.. ha ha.All I am saying is that God desires us to have peace... and depression and other things stand in the way of that... so he will remove them... but we must be willing to give them up. </div></div>

So now you're comparing human emotions to diseases/disorders? And you think I was comparing apples to oranges w/the gravity comparison in the other thread...think about it man.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cane I never said someone with this disorder is possessed... I only said it was influenced by demonic spirits... it it is different.</div></div>

Then maybe you should have differentiated between the two before me and about 5 other people misunderstood you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never mentioned that.. these were not characteristics of the disorder that we were discussing... this is a whole other issue. </div></div>

That's right--myself and others brought up other affirmities that God has the ability to heal. It's not just pigeon-holed to something that Joyce Meyer decided to write about in her book. There's a whole world of diseases/disorders out there that cause people to not have "peace", and God can heal them. You say certain things are caused by possession or influence of demonic spirits--isn't that really the same thing? You can either be possessed, or a demon can have influence over you? Same difference, isn't it? Either way...science combined with a faith in God is to me the best way to rid yourself of a disease or disorder of any type. I don't get the people who want to "pray the demon out" when they can take a pill that's meant to get rid of or lessen their lack of "peace" that was created by knowledge of man given by God.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For example: Love and hate are opposites right? If I choose to hate I am taking on the influence of the creator of that.. and that is the devil. If I choose to love then... do you see now? I have a cold right now... I am not possesed... some think I am on here though.. ha ha.All I am saying is that God desires us to have peace... and depression and other things stand in the way of that... so he will remove them... but we must be willing to give them up. </div></div>

So now you're comparing human emotions to diseases/disorders? And you think I was comparing apples to oranges w/the gravity comparison in the other thread...think about it man. </div></div>

I thought it was self explanitory.. read between the lines. We were talking about one issue not many... you and others brought up other issues not me... I never elaborated on those... I stayed on the topic that we were discussing. Nothing about what I stated came from any opinions of Joyce Myers or her book.;; check it out if you wish.No being influenced by demonic spirits and being possessed are not the same thing. I f I am being influenced by a demonic influence knowingly and continue in it that is not save but if I repent and recognize it and repent that is different.I think God has given doctors wisdom... maybe some need medicine to have peace.. but the point is We should find our peace in God and not in the bottle. We should have a dependancy on God and not what is in the bottle. I am not downing people who must take medication... so please no one twist this.YOu lost me with the comparrison thing... All I was saying is we will be influnced by God to love or the Devil to hate... because there is no love in the Devil and no hate in God. It my example was far different than yours with the gravity thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was self explanitory.. read between the lines. </div></div>

If I did that then I get accused of this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have to disagree because I only get hastled about my post by a handful of people and the same ones at that.Seems like the select few attempt to discredit what I say by twisting my words and adding things to my opinions. </div></div>

Sorry we can't automatically understand the purest part of your points when you give out a vague subject up for debate like that. Instead of thinking we're "twisting your words", chalk it up to an attempt by other posters to debate the subject at hand. No need in playing Mr. Victim here. I told you a long time ago that you have the tendency to slip into that when people debate these subjects. No need for paranoia if someone brings up an alternative point that doesn't coincide with your opinion on the subject. If you want only agreeable opinions, then talk to yourself. If you want open discussion w/possible dissenting opinions from all kinds of people on a subject--then ask for opinions. But expect and accept disagreement and don't say "the big bad bullies are twisting my words...no fair". That's weak.

Open up your mind a little bit and try to see the other POV instead of beating your own to death like a dead horse. I'm done with this discussion because you apparently haven't even attempted to see what myself or anyone else is trying to say, and if I wanted to have a discussion with someone like that, I'd sit in an empty room and talk to the wall. I might get more accomplished that way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "Pac-Man"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It my example was far different than yours with the gravity thing. </div></div>

Let it also be noted that you simply dismissed my comparison using gravity as ludicrous instead of asking what I meant by it. It had a point to it that you absolutely have missed, but since it didn't fit into your argument's favor, you dismissed it as a faulty comparison.

THAT is why people don't like to discuss things like this with you.

Whatever dude.... YOu are not going to convince me... you and others made it seem bigger than it really was. Go talk to a wall then... because you are not going to convince me. I am not playing a victim... that is something that you have come up with... but it has never been true. If you do not agree or want to read my posts then you have the liberty not to read them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast