Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bipolar... Example

All this religion stuff really trips me out. But then again I think that sickness and demons are 2 different things..maybe I'm wrong.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All this religion stuff really trips me out. But then again I think that sickness and demons are 2 different things..maybe I'm wrong. </div></div>

It rains on the just and the unjust.... they are different and I never said they were the same.... you might want o read one of Rocks post or something. I never said that. But no you are not wrong. Good and bad people all get sick.iT IS THIS OLD FLESHLY BODY... IT EVENTUALLY BREAKS DOWN.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...I kinda like my "ol fleshly body" and that being the case I don't believe that everytime I get sick that I did something to deserve it. That is just assinine to say. I'm not a religious person, but I've been to church enough to know that folks translate things from the Bible to fit their needs. But, a literal translation of it has alot of fairy tale elements. Ya have to read between the lines to get any deep meaning. Really, after centuries of translation, (some forced translations which were deemed necessary by various kings and rulers to fit their individual agendas) it is foolish to think that words and meanings have not been altered...thus skewing any literal translation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PacMan, your view is very similar to those who think that 'sick people' shouldn't ever go to a doctor. That if they are good, God will heal them.

Yes if you are praying to God you can get peace. For example, when I was diagnosed with cancer, I was completely fine, don't think I ever cried or got down really. I had the inncer peace before I was diagnosed that I had cancer, the day I found out, I drove home. I would complete a week of chemotherapy and come on a Saturday and go play basketball on Tuesday in a church league. I prayed. I was strong and able to deal with it, but I was also young (and probably too stupid to realize I was pushing it). Just because someone got down or depressed doesn't mean that the devil was winning. Its human nature to be depressed and upset, you can't just always go 'woohoo go me, thank you God for allowing me cancer'. Yes God can give you some peace but things still bother you, and pain is still pain.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PacMan, your view is very similar to those who think that 'sick people' shouldn't ever go to a doctor. That if they are good, God will heal them.

Yes if you are praying to God you can get peace. For example, when I was diagnosed with cancer, I was completely fine, don't think I ever cried or got down really. I had the inncer peace before I was diagnosed that I had cancer, the day I found out, I drove home. I would complete a week of chemotherapy and come on a Saturday and go play basketball on Tuesday in a church league. I prayed. I was strong and able to deal with it, but I was also young (and probably too stupid to realize I was pushing it). Just because someone got down or depressed doesn't mean that the devil was winning. Its human nature to be depressed and upset, you can't just always go 'woohoo go me, thank you God for allowing me cancer'. Yes God can give you some peace but things still bother you, and pain is still pain.

</div></div>
    That is great I am glad that God gave you that peace. I never made a reference to when people get down or depressed that it was a bad thing... it happens to the best of us. I have went to the doctor plent of times... I never downed going to the doctor and yes pain is still pain whether phsically or mentally. Read my new post and you will see everything that was said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...I kinda like my "ol fleshly body" and that being the case I don't believe that everytime I get sick that I did something to deserve it. That is just assinine to say. I'm not a religious person, but I've been to church enough to know that folks translate things from the Bible to fit their needs. But, a literal translation of it has alot of fairy tale elements. Ya have to read between the lines to get any deep meaning. Really, after centuries of translation, (some forced translations which were deemed necessary by various kings and rulers to fit their individual agendas) it is foolish to think that words and meanings have not been altered...thus skewing any literal translation. </div></div>

Well I like my body too.....You say you do not believe everytime you get sick that you did something to deserve it... I dont believe that either.. I am sick right now... but I did nothing.Yes some turn the scripture to fit them... but I do not agree about reading between the lines out of the Bible.. because it is very clear.The most important thing is that we follow Jesus.. and get you effective study guides and find out what God would have you to do.. that is who you will answer to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is your belief...not necessiarily mine tho.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am not playing a victim... that is something that you have come up with...</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would have to disagree because I only get hastled about my post by a handful of people and the same ones at that.Seems like the select few attempt to discredit what I say by twisting my words and adding things to my opinions. </div></div>

Two direct quotes from you that are polar opposites. You claim you're being picked on by others on here, then you say you're not playing a victim role to get sympathy. You say it's "something I came up with", when it's right there in black & white above.

Deny it now. Show everyone else how unreasonable you are. The truth is right there above what I'm writing right now. You can either man up and own up to it, or deny it to the end and play the holier-than-thou card you always have.

Your turn.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is your belief...not necessiarily mine tho. </div></div>

Yes, that is my believe if yopu are talking about answering to God... yes I believe we all will. But you are right you do not have to believe that and I will not force you to believe neither will God.... but that does not mean it is no the truth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It won't matter Cane, just like before when he just 'typed something up out of his mind' and then someone posted where it came from , and he tried to make it seem like someone was a good detective.

The biggest reason why I 'pick at you' Pac-Man is for reasons I have given before. You push more people away from God than you will ever bring to God.

And I, in my belief, I should defend religion and Christianity against those who push others away.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast