0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh and just to further prove a point I made in the past

When I discussed translations.

An example I just found

It is unfortunate that the King James Version translated diamon (demon) as devils (Jas. 2: 19). "Daimon, a demon, is frequently, but wrongly, translated 'devil,' it should always be translated 'demon.' There is one Devil, there are many demons"

Now then, a previous discussion was how things were translated, that things could be slightly different and have multiple meanings.

A fine example.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Re: Oh and just to further prove a point I made in the past

What does (Jas. 2:19 stand for?)YOu are right about the translations. But shouldnt we already be aware that there is only one devil and many demons? The Old Testament is Hebrew and the new Testament is Greek... so the translations should be made from this. YOu are right in the sense that translations can have different meaning.. suggesting what context the are used in.I encourafe everyone to get a concordance and a Hebrew and Greek Key note study Bible... this has helped me a great deal in understanding scripture better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jas is James, Chapter 2, verse 19 (figured you who knows the Bible backwards and forward would know that or know the verse by heart)

And you tell people to get a concordance and a Hebrew and Greek Key not study Bible. And that helps you understand, and the point I tried to make 100 times previously with you, is this, you will get it one way, someone else may use the exact same study guides and get it another way. That is why there are how many thousands of concordances!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jas is James, Chapter 2, verse 19 (figured you who knows the Bible backwards and forward would know that or know the verse by heart)

And you tell people to get a concordance and a Hebrew and Greek Key not study Bible. And that helps you understand, and the point I tried to make 100 times previously with you, is this, you will get it one way, someone else may use the exact same study guides and get it another way. That is why there are how many thousands of concordances!

I thought it would be Jam. but anyway thanks.. I still have a lot to learn though. I still stand firm and say God meant exactly what he said... but can some see it in different ways... I see it everyday.. so yes.

</div></div>