Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone answer?

Can someone answer?

It seems like I am the only person who posts on here on a regular basis. I enjoy it. I just wish more Christian people would post on here.. or anyone of any religion for that matter. I just encourage everyone to be bold and post new topics... do not be afraid of peole who oppose what you say.. take it from me you will have critics.. but that is okay. So why are many not posting on this forum?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can someone answer?

Not many post because of the nature of the threads that this forum has been bombarded with. Many feel they are very accusatory, close-minded, and any responses are like talking to a brick wall.

I just don't think many on here have the same way of thinking as you, and they prefer to not post as opposed to arguing.

Not trying to be harsh, just answering the question as honestly as I can.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not many post because of the nature of the threads that this forum has been bombarded with. Many feel they are very accusatory, close-minded, and any responses are like talking to a brick wall.

I just don't think many on here have the same way of thinking as you, and they prefer to not post as opposed to arguing.

Not trying to be harsh, just answering the question as honestly as I can. </div></div>

I appreciate you hinesty... and I agree it might seem as though you or someone else is talking to a Brick wall.. at least that is what my wife says sometimes.. ha ha.. I just love discussing.. so I promise I will work on that if people would post a little more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not many post because of the nature of the threads that this forum has been bombarded with. Many feel they are very accusatory, close-minded, and any responses are like talking to a brick wall.

Not trying to be harsh, just answering the question as honestly as I can.</div></div>

In other words, the same things I've told you via PM's and on this board in the past. Maybe the fact that another poster said it will make a difference...I don't know.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not many post because of the nature of the threads that this forum has been bombarded with. Many feel they are very accusatory, close-minded, and any responses are like talking to a brick wall.

Not trying to be harsh, just answering the question as honestly as I can.</div></div>

In other words, the same things I've told you via PM's and on this board in the past. Maybe the fact that another poster said it will make a difference...I don't know. </div></div>

No.. it began making a difference when you told me.. really it did... just still trying to figure out how things work on here... be patient.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think for my sanity and yours I shouldn't argue points, as you and I have extremely differing view points, that quite honestly, I won't be swayed from.

An example: I believe that homosexuals are born that way. I have arguments for this, both from research I've read/followed and from having friends and acquaintences that are homosexual. Granted there are some out there that are following a homosexual lifestyle by choice, but they are not truly homosexual and don't quite count in the argument. I will argue this until the cows come home, and you'll argue the opposite until the cows come home and neither of us will be swayed.

That's why I just let sleeping dogs lie.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think for my sanity and yours I shouldn't argue points, as you and I have extremely differing view points, that quite honestly, I won't be swayed from.

An example: I believe that homosexuals are born that way. I have arguments for this, both from research I've read/followed and from having friends and acquaintences that are homosexual. Granted there are some out there that are following a homosexual lifestyle by choice, but they are not truly homosexual and don't quite count in the argument. I will argue this until the cows come home, and you'll argue the opposite until the cows come home and neither of us will be swayed.

That's why I just let sleeping dogs lie. </div></div>

I understand that sometime research wil support that Homosexuals are born that way.... But humbly I disagree... so we do have 2 different views. Here is where I get my views at... It is this scripture that says we all are created in the image of god.. and a lot more that do not support that lifestyle. I am sure your friends are awsome people... and they will have to come to the conclusion themselves whether they believe they were born that way and cannot change it or decide they were not born that way and change it... that wil soley be up to them. To be honest one of my best friends was gay in the past... he is an awsome guy... one of the best guys I know. By his own confession here is what he has said: In the beginning he thought he was born that way... but later on in life he became convicted when he opened up and he admits to me that he fights it every once in a while but now that he feels like it is not normal he has decided to turn away from it by repenting. So this is his story and I am sure there are different stories out there that would support both sides.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok PacMan, here is a simple argument to the very thing you posted.

You said, you get your views are due to the scripture that we are all created in the image of God, so that can't be homosexual, right?

So someone can't be born homosexual, because that isn't 'in the image of God'.

So how can someone be born with a disease, be it MS, Cancer, or whatever, because that isn't the image of God either, is it?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok PacMan, here is a simple argument to the very thing you posted.

You said, you get your views are due to the scripture that we are all created in the image of God, so that can't be homosexual, right?

So someone can't be born homosexual, because that isn't 'in the image of God'.

So how can someone be born with a disease, be it MS, Cancer, or whatever, because that isn't the image of God either, is it?

</div></div>

Rock that goes back to another post ... MS,and cancer are phsical diseases.. and we get sicknesses like this not because we deserve them but because of sin.. way back in the garden. Being homosexual is not a phsical illness... in my humble opinion it is a mental illness... or mental not phsical. Created in the image of God has nothing to do with not obtaining phsical sickness.. a lot of good or bad people get diseases.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, you classify it as a mental illness, so people born with a mental illness are in the image of God?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast