0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can someone answer?

Now we're gettin' somewhere.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think for my sanity and yours I shouldn't argue points, as you and I have extremely differing view points, that quite honestly, I won't be swayed from.

An example: I believe that homosexuals are born that way. I have arguments for this, both from research I've read/followed and from having friends and acquaintences that are homosexual. Granted there are some out there that are following a homosexual lifestyle by choice, but they are not truly homosexual and don't quite count in the argument. I will argue this until the cows come home, and you'll argue the opposite until the cows come home and neither of us will be swayed.

That's why I just let sleeping dogs lie. </div></div>

What I am getting ready to say.. please take it in a way that i am not qustioning you or your belief. I just have some concerns. Okay first off you said you have research that backs your belief that being homosexual is not a choice right?pLEASE SEND THAT TO ME SO i can read it. And second do you think just because you have friends that are gay makes it right and is an argument to say it is okay and not a choice. I ask these things with respect. Thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm stickin' to my guns and not arguing it with you. (I've got to watch my blood pressure! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] )
    Sorry!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm stickin' to my guns and not arguing it with you.
    Sorry! </div></div>
    Okay but who is arguing? I am just asking you to present to me why you believe what you believe... I am sure you could do that. I presented to you what I believe and why. Why would you not want to do that. I am not going to pick it apart... I just wanted to read it. I cannot find nothing on it.

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was saved at the age of 12 and baptized. That being said, according to the word of God--King James Version, it don't mean anything to God if one goes out and continually lives in sin. We cannot be hot or cold or in the middle. I know cause I was one who sinned and didn't repent until years later. Now had I died then I would have been found guilty of lost in sin. Punishment for that is being seperated from the Lord for all eternity.
    Everyone has a right to their own belief. When God created man and they fell from Grace then all man created after that was born to a sinful world and sinful nature. God gives us a choice to who we want to serve. God knows we are all sinful and that is why he sent his son Jesus to die for us on a cross. When Jesus came he also spoke to the word of God. To the ones who want to follow Jesus then we must do what is right in the sight of God to enter into eternity with him. There is no other way, we cannot sin daily the same acts of sin and say we are his children. For God said he would tell us to depart from him for he never knew us. He never knew us because we didn't want to give up our sin and follow him.

I have no proof other than the word of God to say that homosexuality is an abomination and it is not even questionable to me that one is born that way. That means totally opposite than what God has taught us in his word. But also to lie is an abomination. So that tells me that the lies I have told in my lifetime was enough to cast me into hell had I died lost.

God says in his word you know his children by the fruit they bear. God also says my children know my voice, his children will pray daily and draw closer to him. They will do the works of the Holy Spirit. Not their own works and say it is God's works. We are to teach the word of God as it is written, not add to it or take it away. IF you are born of the Spirit then you will know right from wrong, cause God will teach you. I was young in the Lord at one time and anyone could probably tell me anything and I would believe it, but not now. I read the word and God has taught me. The Bible tells us of false teachers and leaders in the world, they are wolves desguised in sheeps clothing. They claim to know God and teach his word but they are lost into their own philosophy and what they think is right. They don't ask God what is right nor have a desire to.

Pac-Man, I like to read on the religion forum, and your posts that you make. But I don't post much because of the arguing that goes on. I have read scripture that says don't cast your pearls to the swine. That meaning is true because the word of God will become twisted, corrupted, and changed to fit everyone's lifestyle to make their own life acceptable. Maybe you just want to reach the lost, but you are guilty IMO of what all others say you are doing. You come across as argumentive alot of times. Jesus does not want his children doing this. You will not change anyone's mind, only God can show us what is right or wrong if we will open our hearts and ask.

I agree with you post. I am working on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, you classify it as a mental illness, so people born with a mental illness are in the image of God? </div></div>

Yes I believe it would be classified as a mental illness.No one is born like this.. it is choices that they make as they get older. From adolesence to adult hood we have learned traits.. either from our family, friends, or peole closest to us. No one is born depressed ... they become that way.... no one is born anxious.. they become that way... get it? Again we are all born in the image of God... and somewhere along the way some or most get polluted by this world.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234