Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone answer?

Re: Can someone answer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, you classify it as a mental illness, so people born with a mental illness are in the image of God? </div></div>

Not in a form of mental illness like mental retardation or something like that... I am talking about a mental disorder that we through God have the power to cahnge. If you read my other post I have a good friend that used to be gay... read it. But repectfully I say we are born in the image of God which can mean this: Characterisitics of the human spirit and the ability to make moral judgements. So if we say is Homosexuality moral or immorral? Some will take both sides.. God has given us that ability through his likeness which is what you read in the Bible.. the Bible paints an image of who God is... so we can come to a counclusion and answer this... the Bible says it is immoral so I say it is also. We also have some posters on here that says it is okay... I do not know where there basis other than that is what they believe... you will have to ask them.Some will say that Scientists have proof that they are born that way.. I do not debate that... all I know is it contridicts what is in the Bible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And it appears my example was a good one.

To me all the examples you gave why it's a "choice" just don't add up. To me it's hemming and hawing and grasping at straws.

But the examples I could give won't convince you otherwise either.

The defense rests! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And it appears my example was a good one.

To me all the examples you gave why it's a "choice" just don't add up. To me it's hemming and hawing and grasping at straws.

But the examples I could give won't convince you otherwise either.

The defense rests! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

What was your example? I do not recall any examples that you gave.Yes it is a choice and humbley I say this: God said choose this day whom you will serve.. that is a choice also. So he is saying the same thing on these type of hard decisions that we make. Yes it is a choice to do or not to do.. we have a free will... and we are allowed to dictate what we will do... but I believe if we love and want to obey God we will make the decision that he supports. YOu see it as grasping at straws... please explain this opinion to me... because respectfully I do not understand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think for my sanity and yours I shouldn't argue points, as you and I have extremely differing view points, that quite honestly, I won't be swayed from.

An example: I believe that homosexuals are born that way. I have arguments for this, both from research I've read/followed and from having friends and acquaintences that are homosexual. Granted there are some out there that are following a homosexual lifestyle by choice, but they are not truly homosexual and don't quite count in the argument. I will argue this until the cows come home, and you'll argue the opposite until the cows come home and neither of us will be swayed.

That's why I just let sleeping dogs lie.
    _________________________</div></div>

And I respect your opinion but mine remains, it is not a choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think for my sanity and yours I shouldn't argue points, as you and I have extremely differing view points, that quite honestly, I won't be swayed from.

An example: I believe that homosexuals are born that way. I have arguments for this, both from research I've read/followed and from having friends and acquaintences that are homosexual. Granted there are some out there that are following a homosexual lifestyle by choice, but they are not truly homosexual and don't quite count in the argument. I will argue this until the cows come home, and you'll argue the opposite until the cows come home and neither of us will be swayed.

That's why I just let sleeping dogs lie.
    _________________________</div></div>

And I respect your opinion but mine remains, it is not a choice. </div></div>

Please be aware that I respect you and your friends.YOu say that studies have shown that it is not a choice? Can you show me that research.. I am sure it is there but I have not actually read anything on it. I respect that but look at it this way... what if what you have read contridicts what the Bible says? Then would you be willing to maybe see it in a different light. If not are you saying that you trust studies done over what the Bible says? I know you love your friends and I love mine but my friend never tried to justify why he done what he done....If someone has homosexual desires that means that they have a desire to do it... but they may know it is still wrong. Let me know how you feel about this response. Thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you even read my original post on the matter?
    I'm not going to argue it with you lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you even read my original post on the matter?
    I'm not going to argue it with you lol </div></div>

Yes I read your original post. I do not see this as arguing... why do you? I see it as a discussion. I have ask you for your information.. and I have given you mine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't want your information. As I indicated I'm already aware of your stance. And as I said earlier today - I will not argue our opinions because that would be beating 2 dead horses.

Here is yet another example of why people don't want to post against you. You antagonize folks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't want your information. As I indicated I'm already aware of your stance. And as I said earlier today - I will not argue our opinions because that would be beating 2 dead horses.

Here is yet another example of why people don't want to post against you. You antagonize folks. </div></div>

Well I have one question.. if you would not mind to answer it? Are you a Christian?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am.
    Baptised 1984.