Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tell me....

Re: Tell me....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure if ya looked hard enough you could find proof for these others as well...and only a handful were founding fathers..and all were prominent in our world:
    * Ethan Allen
    * Aristotle
    * Marlon Brando
    * Henry St John, 1st Viscount Bolingbroke
    * Napoleon Bonaparte
    * Cicero
    * Benjamin Darrow

I will study these and get back to you. Thanks.
    * Paul Davies
    * Democritus
    * Albert Einstein
    * Epicurus
    * Antony Flew
    * Benjamin Franklin
    * Frederick the Great
    * Edward Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury
    * William Hogarth
    * Victor Hugo
    * David Hume
    * James Hutton
    * Thomas Jefferson (disputed)
    * Immanuel Kant
    * Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
    * Abraham Lincoln
    * John Locke
    * James Madison
    * Moses Mendelssohn
    * Gouverneur Morris
    * Thomas Paine
    * Elihu Palmer
    * Plato
    * Alexander Pope
    * Maximilien Robespierre
    * Adam Smith
    * Lysander Spooner
    * Alfred Lord Tennyson
    * Matthew Tindal
    * John Toland
    * Constantin-François de Chassebœuf, Comte de Volney
    * Voltaire
    * George Washington
    * Alan Watts
    * Keith R. Wright
    </div></div>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote=Pac-Man
    Please do not try and turn this....point is we are the Superpower because we for so long have upheld the values of God... do you deny that? [/quote]

I thought you wanted discussions, I took what you said and gave an opinion. Do you just want us to nod and agree with you?

Who was the other superpower? What was their religion? And what defeated them? I'll give you a hint, freedoms.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, my curiosity has really peaked. Let's try a new angle and answer this question; What does the U.S. need to change to become God-ruled? I'd like policies rather than scripture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 82abn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, my curiosity has really peaked. Let's try a new angle and answer this question; What does the U.S. need to change to become God-ruled? I'd like policies rather than scripture. </div></div>

I am sure there are some good policies that could help us as a nation. One thing is we as a government need to be working together instead of against each other... I understand that not all people are going to agree on all things... but we need to do what is best for the country.I think Gods principles and precepts would work just fine, don't you. I am not saying that we say here it is, the Bible let us run the country from this... I am only saying we need to use guidance from it that is all. I say we just get rid of all the Liberals... easy now just kidding...lol...I just wish as a country we would not put things into law that humalate our country.. like same sex marriages and stuff like that... we at least need to stand for what is right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm not choosing to answer me?

Give you hint, it was the Soviet Union and they did not practice Christianity.

Now if you actually have read the Bible and Revelations, the great empires and all are part of the prophecy. So, whatever our situation is or will be as a country, hasn't that already been foretold in the scripture?

So the other superpower was a country that was completely against God and their great power went because their people wanted freedoms, Democracy.

Isn't God, by giving us choice, basically being a Democratic society (so to speak, not saying that God is Democratic *lol*), otherwise we would not have the ability to make choices.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

More specific, please. How many states even allow gays to be legally married? It ain't many. So, that leaves domestic policy, foreign policy, trade policies, immigration, national deficit, enviornmental causes, social security, medical insurance, terrorism, racism, sexism, education, etc., etc. These are just the things that are on the tip of my fingers at this very moment that our government has to deal with. We actually do some free-writing assignments where the kids get to write about what they would do as President of the U.S. Now you have your opportunity. You're on the campaign trail and your slogan is "A more God-like U.S.A." How would you convince the nation? A neat little assignment, really.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jesus is our perfect example in all things. He never said his argument was with government and to prove that He issued the proclamation "Render unto Caesar...". We are further reminded in Paul's letter to the church at Ephesus that our fight is not with "flesh and blood", but with Satan and the evil he represents. While I don't think religion has a place in politics, I do think we should scrutinize our leaders and expect them to be of the highest moral standard.
    I also am against any mandated religious practice in schools. As a parent, I made sure my children were instructed from the Bible, in a Bible-studying, Bible-believing, Bible-teaching church. They received instruction at home as well from both Mom and Dad. They didn't need a state supported school to propagate its own religious views or interpretations into their education.
    For what its worth, IMO we have the whole "Separation of State and Church" completely backward, as I believe our founding fathers expected involvement by religious people in the government, while at the same time expecting the prevention of the government from inserting itself into the business of the church.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm not choosing to answer me?

Give you hint, it was the Soviet Union and they did not practice Christianity.

Now if you actually have read the Bible and Revelations, the great empires and all are part of the prophecy. So, whatever our situation is or will be as a country, hasn't that already been foretold in the scripture?

So the other superpower was a country that was completely against God and their great power went because their people wanted freedoms, Democracy.

Isn't God, by giving us choice, basically being a Democratic society (so to speak, not saying that God is Democratic *lol*), otherwise we would not have the ability to make choices.

</div></div>

Okay.... but God is a Republician..lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 82abn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More specific, please. How many states even allow gays to be legally married? It ain't many. So, that leaves domestic policy, foreign policy, trade policies, immigration, national deficit, enviornmental causes, social security, medical insurance, terrorism, racism, sexism, education, etc., etc. These are just the things that are on the tip of my fingers at this very moment that our government has to deal with. We actually do some free-writing assignments where the kids get to write about what they would do as President of the U.S. Now you have your opportunity. You're on the campaign trail and your slogan is "A more God-like U.S.A." How would you convince the nation? A neat little assignment, really. </div></div>

I agree with ut 1's post.... do not want to go into all the politics and I have no desire to be president so I am retiring from the campaign trail. Not trying to get out of this question.. just wish that our leaders were more moral in decision making. And how many States allow same sex marriage? I am not sure will have to check on it.. but 1 is to many.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Gods principles and precepts would work just fine, don't you.</div></div>

In a democratic republic such as the US government, no. God's principles and precepts are perfect for a 100% Christian society, but we're not a 100% Christian society. Once again I repeat--what you are governing determines how best to govern. You don't use a theocratic basis when a democratic basis is what works best for the country and has always been how the US has been run.

You put a lot of stock into the founding fathers and say you've studied them. In your studies, did you find out WHY they set up the government as a democracy that gave power to the people and also gave them religious freedom? Go find that out, inform yourself, and then talk about how you want the country run with biblical guidance.

I'll also reiterate and tie up a point I made in my previous post--God doesn't need government. He is omnipotent, and will get his will regardless of what the government does, whether it follows Him or not. As Christians, we should pray for his will, not force it. I guess a song I know makes this point better than I can:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Stand Still
    The Isaacs

(Verse 1)
    The father has a plan, though it's hard to see it now. You feel your walking all alone, but he is there no doubt. When the storm around you rages and your tossed to and fro, when your facing lifes decisions, your not sure which way to go.

(Chorus)
    Stand Still and let God move, standing still is hard to do. When you feel you have reached to end, he will make a way for you. Stand Still and let God move.

(Verse 2)
    When the enemy surrounds you and the walls are closing in. When the tide is swiftly rising and you wonder where Gods been. Friend theres never been a moment that his arms weren't reaching out. You can rest assure and be secure that God is moving right now

(Chorus)

(Tag)
    The answer will come, but only in his time, Stand Still and let God move. </div></div>

No matter what we do, God will get His way in His time. Patience in God is a virtue long forgotten by many Christians today.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]