Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Do you believe this?

The theory of evolution doesn't exactly say we come from monkeys...It does say that a species is derived from lower species through adaptation...and yes I believe it to be true.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you are wrong the theory says that humans and apes may have had a common ansester way back when not that one came from the other.

I am not educated enough in Biology to make a great argument one way or the other. However there is no question conserning Micro-Evalution but for Macro-Evalution you either have to look at fossel records and guess or have faith that the world was made in 6 days depending on what you belive </div></div>

I have faith that the world was made in 6 days and God rested on the 7th. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How old do you belive the earth to be?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tell me this...how long is a day to god?..we know to us a day is 24 hours...but to god a day could be the equalivent of 100,000 years to us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How old do you belive the earth to be? </div></div>

Well, in the book of Genesis it says that the earth was here but it was void and had no water.So before this I do not know how long it was here. The Bible does not speak of any dinosaurs.. but Scientists have found bones... so I guess they were here at some point. But my question is this: How can a living thing survive without water? To answer your question, I do not know how old the earth is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me this...how long is a day to god?..we know to us a day is 24 hours...but to god a day could be the equalivent of 100,000 years to us. </div></div>

The Bible says that 1 day unto God is a thousand years. Read 2 Peter 3:8 I think.

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This was an interesting read (ties a bit into the whole translation thing) The folks here are convinced that the day is a 24 hour day

Link Below
    How long is a day

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Look at it like this...if a day to god is much longer you can reconcile the Bible to science...there is scienticfic fact to the existence of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs appeared roughly 230 million years ago (20 million years after the Permian-Triassic exticntion which wiped out the life from the Permian Era such as mullosks, plants, fungi and early amphibians, herbivores and carnivores)...they dominated the earth for 165 million years according to fossils and were wiped out by the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction 65 million years ago. Considering we vaguely know what humans were like 5,000 years ago, it is sufficient to say that the earth has been around for a long long time and that we are only at the tip of the iceberg in understanding the history of our planet and its creations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was an interesting read (ties a bit into the whole translation thing) The folks here are convinced that the day is a 24 hour day

Link Below
    How long is a day </div></div>

It took God 144 hours to create the earth. Then he rested for 24 hours.