Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Addy

  1. #11
    Inactive Member abz_of_steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2004
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I received Addy for my birthday the year she was released (a little old for dolls at that point, but I loved her). She is my favorite doll, hands down. She has more outfits, more accessories, and more furniture than any of my other dolls. I recently had to send her away to the Doll Hospital to get her silver-eye fixed. That was nerve racking! But the doll hospital put her hair back in its original style, and cleaned her up. She is more beautiful than ever, and I probably have the strongest connection with her. And her stories are fantastic. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member kmbe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm have to admit, I love Addy. I think her collection is one of the most interesting and so feminine. Her face is also so unique - she does have a very pretty, loving face. It is hard to see her coloring/expression well in the AG catalog or website photos. But mine (pre-Mattel if it matters) has the sweetest expression and playful smile. Her cheeks are softly blushed and her skin a deep brown. The only thing that bothers me sometimes is that people usually take photos of Addy and don't edit the photos to lighten it up, so her face is often in shadows or the photo is too dark to see her details. Her hair is lovely and dryness can be avoided by using a little liquid hair glossifier/polish (you can find this at Sally's Beauty Supply)on it now and then. I think she is exceptional and there is no other vinyl doll like her available anywhere!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ilovemydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Addys hair is hard to brush but I say after you get through it you will probably think it is worth it. she really is pretty. I have to admit I like her. in the pictures she may not look very pretty but the doll is pretty. that showes you that pictures may show one thing,....But its the real beauty and object that counts.

    Courtney [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My mom just got Addy, and she is beyond gorgeous! And her clothes are just fantastic as well!!!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member amandajg's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2004
    Posts
    407
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just love my Addy. As others have said, her face is really sweet and maybe even more 'realistic' than other AGs'. I love her hair. My pre-Mattel Addy has shorter hair than some of the other Addys I've seen pictured on here. I have put her hair in two braids, one braid down her back, and one braid looped up the way they show her in the catalogue. I think my favourite hair style on her is the single braid down her back. I think you can do a lot more with her hair than other AG's. It's a bit more prone to knotting, but if you're careful and go slowly I think it can also be easier to work with than other AGs' hair. I've noticed that a lot of the Addy face molds differ quite a bit, between pre-Mattel dolls and post-Mattel dolls their faces seem to vary quite a bit! Luckily for me I have what I believe to be the nicest Addy face. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] But of course then again a "mother" is always biased to her own "children" - LOL. You can see a close-up of my Addy in my Winter album. I also love Addy's clothes/accessories, especially since she and Kirsten are from my favourite time period. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    editing because I can't spell today.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 15, 2005 12:09 PM: Message edited by: * amanda ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •