Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fantasy Poll......AG what if......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My dream girl is Jewish- I really don't care what year. I just want to see my own heritage finally represented. My background is both Russian and Polish. An Ellis Island story would be great.

I would also love to see more 20th century stuff because that's when pop culture really started to emerge. That's the century I find the most facinating because of how quickly things changed. No other century in our history has such well-defined and different decades. The 20's would be so fun. Although I know some about young adult life, I don't know a lot about childhood in that era.

I took an American Studies course all about the 50's- so much happened in that decade that set the course for life today. The first McDonalds, the first themepark, the first suburbs, the first time teens really had their own culture, the National Rights movement, Beatnicks, McCartheism, Rock 'n Roll, the beginning of TV, etc.

The 60's is probably about the most recent that they should go right now. It's about the same distance from our time as Molly's was 20 years ago. She could go to the World's Fair in which several Disney attractions first premired! (My dad went to that)

Although, if they did want to go into the 70's, we could have a girl who has hippie parents- how fun would that be!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love a girl growing up in the 1960's
    She would be into music and dancing and idolize Elvis and Audrey Hepburn..heehee
    She would have light skin, long brown hair with a widows peak and greenish blue eyes. Sunkised cheeks would be cute too!

Inactive Member White Rose Assassin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the Vietnamese one. That's actually what I have in mind should there ever be a historical Asian American girl. (and believe me if there is, I have tons of connections to promote her since I work for the entertainment industry and Asian community) I know my younger cousin would be happy since she's Vietnamese herself.

I can see the story taking place either in San Jose or Westminster in CA. Those have a large Vietnamese population.

I like the whole bui doi thing. I've been doing some study on that. It reminds me of Tam from Miss Saigon.

I have other ideas for Asian American girls, like Filipinos ('cause I am one myself!...and my Mimi is one too).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An Asian girl from WWII era in CA.
    A pilgrim girl.
    A Jewish immigrant in NY in the early 20th century.

thepidget

I think my choices would be:

- A Vietnamese girl from the 1970s (as some people have mentioned). I would love to show my mom (who is from Vietnam) a doll like that! She would die seeing the pretty, traditional clothes.

- A 1950s girl. She should have long, wavy, golden-brown hair. And yes...I dig the poodle skirts! Bring on the poodle skirts!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] AG should give her a mini-record player that actually plays music...how cute would that be?!

13Pumpkins

Hmmmmm. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] It seems that should AG do an Asian of whatever culture & whatever time period, it would be an excellent seller!!
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

GreyMyst

Originally posted by White Rose Assassin:

I have other ideas for Asian American girls, like Filipinos ('cause I am one myself!...and my Mimi is one too).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too, like Khmer/Cambodian. That's one they could set in the 80s, and still have a very unique & differant storyline. Plus they could set it in Long Beach, which really bias me, hehe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234