Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which non -AG dolls did you have as a kid?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thread about one of the HB members growing out of dolls got me to wondering what dolls the HB members had/have as children that were special to them. (NON-AG) This could be the current dolls that the younger members have too.

I had:

* BABY TENDERLOVE from 1970
    (waterproof for bathtub)
    * DROWSY (from about the same time)
    * BABY TENDERLOVE from about 1972
    (she had a plastic bow attached to the back of her head with a pull string in the middle of it that made her talk)
    * BABY ALIVE (about 1974 or so)
    * GIANT RAGGEDY ANN DOLL
    * HAND MADE SISTERS SET

I still have all of these! I still love them too! I have had others but, these were the most special and the ones I remember the most!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had Dawn dolls. They were sort of like Barbie but smaller. They had mod clothes, a pink poodle and a cool apartment too. I still collect them but they're getting hard to find.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a baby tenderlove too. One of the ones you pulled the bow on her hair to make her talk around '71-'72. I was a tom boy as a child and really didn't care for dolls much. (I guess I'm entering my 2nd childhood.) I do remember having a six million dollar man and a bionic woman doll that I played a lot with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had Corolle Dolls. They still sell these dolls at high end toy stores, and they are wonderful baby dolls! (I even like them better than Bitty, but don't tell anyone!)

Felicity_Fan85

I had 2 Raggedy Anns, but the smaller one got lost when I was little. I still have the bigger one- I think it's play skool brand.

I have most of my Barbies still, but I do plan on getting rid of most of them.

I have a Blue Bonnet Sue doll (from the margerine company). late 80's

I had a pink baby doll that my grandma got me but I never really liked her. early 90's

I had a red-haired doll that had a cloth body like the bitties- I don't know what brand she was. she had sleep eyes and came in a toy stroller (well they might've come seperate). I got rid of her well before I bought Lissie- wasn't into sleep eyes then. (late 80's/early 90's).

I have a mermaid doll that plays a tune if you press the right spot on her tail. I think she can go in water. (can't remember the name, but got her in the early 90's). (also plan on getting rid of)

I have a baby doll that I can't remember the name to and have tried to look up but with no success- early 90's. (also plan on getting rid of)

I have 3 CPKs- one from Coleco in the 80's- Cornsilk Kid- red hair/blue eyes, named Martha Amy. one from Hasbro- mini crimp and style- Tabitha (something)- brown hair/blue eyes?. and a Mattel Olymic Kid- red hair/blue eyes (or brown eys); Mercy Cierre. I may get rid of Tabitha and Mercy as I only really still like Martha.

Ooh- I also had Kid Sister! My brother had my buddy. They're both gone, but I almost forgot about them.

I probably have more that I can't remember off the top of my head. I had some that my Great Aunt bought at craft stores and crocheted dresses for, but when they displayed at my window sill for a long time, um...yeah... they had to be tossed out.

The dolls I sell will be because I've grown out of them/don't bond with them and also because as my aG collection growns, I need more space for them. It's harder for me to get rid of my stuffed animals though but I have certain ones I HAVE to keep (like Garfiled!).

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 11, 2006 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font>

Janie3082

My sister and I still have all our Barbies at our parents' house. Ours are from the late 80's/early 90's, so they are still pretty cool. I haven't looked at them in so long!

I have a Raggedy Ann doll that I got as a newborn that is at my house now. She's a small one, but my sis and I have the Ann/Andy large set at my parents'. I will have to take some pics of my little Ann, she is really cute and very love-worn.

I only had one Cabbage Patch Kid, one of the ones that has the weird wiry hair that you can style. I kept up with all the pieces, and she's in pretty good shape.

My sis and I had those dolls called "Cupcakes", they obviously look like a cupcake, but the doll comes up out of the rubber "cake" part and it looks like she's wearing a skirt. We had the bannana split bedroom, strawberry cake kitchen and ice cream sundae bathroom(or salon, not sure which it's called).

I've just recently brought a lot of my childhood toys home from my parents' garage, and I'm having a blast looking through them all and cleaning them up. I will try to post some pics of some of them sometime. I just love feeling like a kid again!

These aren't dolls, but I've also got some Precious Places playsets from the 80's. Did anyone else have these? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a few CPK. My grandmother ensured we each got one during the big craze when they first came out. My very first childhood CPK is named Sherrie. She's waiting for me at my parents' house.
    I was also a big collector of the Heart Family. They are friends of Barbie and include a mom, a dad, a baby girl, and a baby boy. I had (and still have) all sorts of playsets for them- their car, their school, the nursery, a playground, etc. I lost the original baby girl in the ocean when I brought them with me to the beach one day. I never had a real doll house. I had all the furniture arranged on what had been my changing table as a baby. It had different shelves that made great rooms for the dolls.

I got a few Strawberry Shortcake, but since I was born in 1981, towards the end of their production, most of mine were 2nd hand. I got Baby Blowkiss SSC for my 7th birthday from Gramma, and I remember her not being in a box when I unwrapped her.

And if you want to count My Little Ponies as dolls, those were hands down the fav childhood toy of my sister and mine. We still collect today.

Oh, I almost forgot. For my 6th birthday, Gramma gave me a beautiful Madame Alexander baby doll. She cries when you tip her forward and she has curly blonde hair. I named her Tammy, and I used to play with her all the time.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 11, 2006 11:07 AM: Message edited by: AngieBelle ]</font>

Kalisa

Being born in 1962, I grew up through the 60's and 70's. We had some really neat dolls, at least I think we did. I had Tiny Thumbelina pull her string and she squirmed, Chrissy, Real life Baby Chrissy, Dawn Dolls, Rock Flowers (like Dawn dolls only they came with records and they attached on top of the records and went around while they played. Search them on eBay, they can be found every now and then.), Mod Barbies (Talking PJ, Living Barbie, Francie, etc...the BEST Barbies ever made!! AND we did not have 20 Barbies, we only had 2 or 3 and that was it!), Madame Alexander Pussy Cat babydoll from 1971 and I still have her [img]smile.gif[/img] , Chatty Cathy baby, Liddle Kiddles, Tutti (Barbie's little sis), Talking Teenage Cynthia doll with the records that went into her side, then you push her button and she talked, Raggedy Ann that my Mom made, I had a bride doll and a babydoll by Ideal that cried Momma, two Cabbage Patch babies when you had to wait on lists for months (I was about 19yr. old when I got them. Your never too old for dolls! Just remember that young readers!). I think that is all, at least that is all I can remember.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 11, 2006 11:38 AM: Message edited by: DollysRMe ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 11, 2006 11:40 AM: Message edited by: DollysRMe ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DollysRMe:
    Chrissy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Was she the one with the deep auburn hair that you could make long or short?

Kalisa

Yes, and my sister had Velvet. Chrissy's hair stayed smoother than Velvet's did. Velvet's hair got really frizzy pretty quickly.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast