Thread: Whats the verdict on the Bitty Twins?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Do you think they are going to retire? It seems their collection is shrinking. I saw some really cute patterns for clothes for them, and was thinking about adding stuff for them for some craft shows I will be doing. I would love to get a pair with the excuse to that I need them for models. [img]wink.gif[/img] But I don't want to invest in them if they are on their way out. Or do I? Hmmm...
    What do you think?
    ~Annie [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you should get them. They are adorable and I find it nice to have a boy doll for a change. Even if AG discontinues them, there should always be people looking for clothes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget that their clothes fit Bitty Baby as well, so since Bitty Baby is not retiring anytime soon you won't have a problem... Good luck deciding!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, does anyone have pics of a bitty in the twin clothes?? I would love to see that! I am considering getting the blonde twin boy myself. He is adorable.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 11, 2006 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Joyfulone ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A friend of mine asked her ps the same thing because they haven't come out with anything for the twins in so long. The ps assured her they weren't going anywhere. Personally I would like to see some better clothes for the boy, nost of the outfits for him are too girly for my taste. I know,... they're intended for little girls, but even my 7 year old won't dress the boy in those clothes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sure hope they don't go away. They should just sell them seperately and give a small discount if you bought both. I usally split the set between my niece and nephew. Lately though I want to keep the girl outfit for the big girls [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the boy twins clothes tend to be girly too, whats up with that? This is AG's only chance to do boy clothes at all. It shouldn't be hard(?)
    I think I will get them, they are really cute in person-much cuter than in the catalogs.
    ~Annie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they should do a ethnic pair before retiring them, I don't think that would be 'policially correct' if they didn't. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the boy clothes are way to girly. I would love to see more denim. (Jeans and overalls)

I would also love to see some more variations - ethnic, red heads, etc.

Wouldn't it be great if they sold them seperately. My dd-11 wants the boys but not the girls. I would love to be able to mix and match my twins. I have 2 sets of twins - ds13-redhead & ds13-brunette, dd2-lt brown & ds2-blond and I would like bitty twins to match them. I know I could buy both sets and sell the extra on Ebay but have never bought or sold on Ebay [img]redface.gif[/img] and don't know if I want to go through the hassel.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I asked when I was at AGLAP about getting just the girl twin. (I want a Bitty with hair.) The sales person said they may come out with single Bitty's with hair. Maybe they are going to ditch the boy doll. The twins outfits are so pricy.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]