Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which non -AG dolls did you have as a kid?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Crissy's little sister, Cinnimon. [img]smile.gif[/img] She's from before my time, but my grandmother was always getting things from garage sales and fleamarkets. I didn't know who my doll was when I was little.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The first doll I remember getting was when I was about three(1976). It was called something like "Rub-a-dub" doll; she was a babydoll that you could take in the bath with you. I named her Annabelle. After that, I got a pair of twin ragdolls. Lengthwise, they were probably close to AG, but they were much thinner. There was a boy and a girl; Jenny & Andy. Then I started getting my Cabbage Patch Kids when I was in Middle School. I ended up with three of them, a preemie, one with glasses like me, and a clown kid. (No idea why I wanted the clown kid, because now I'm a little freaked out by them!)
    As for smaller dolls, I had a pretty significant collection of Strawberry Shortcake, and when I was around seven, my Mom gave me her old Barbies from the 60s, and then I started getting my own. And boy did I get them! I had the townhouse, the corvette, the horses, the cat, the dogs, tons of furniture, you name it! Even to this day I still buy Barbie clothes and cute furniture pieces when I find them cheap at GS's. I now have a huge Barbie house that I have been working on furnishing. It's only barely furnished now, and I still don't have a toilet or a tub; poor things can't even go to the bathroom!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Deborah, I think you had the "My Friend" dolls. Three was My Friend Jenny, and My Friend Becky, My Friend Mandy, and maybe a boy or two also.

joelanddeborah

I think you must be right--Was one named Audrey, because I know mine came with that name--I didn't name her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just remembered my favorite. A little purple witch doll named Emerald. I think she had green hair. I used to search ebay for a replacement but gave up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just remembered another favorite that I can't believe I forgot about.

It was Jody, the Country Girl by Ideal.

She was smaller than Barbies and had long auburn/red hair almost to her feet. My sister and I both had one and the kitchen that went with them!
    We loved playing with them! They were American
    Girlish kind of. They had a wood stove and everything from around pioneer times.

We kept them for years then, they were stolen in a Barbie case during a move with a bunch of other stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was really into Magic Nursery dolls. Thos were the ones where you were supposed to drop the packet in water to find out if it was a boy or girl and what outfit you got. I always just ripped mine open.

thepidget

Originally posted by tngirl03:
    These aren't dolls, but I've also got some Precious Places playsets from the 80's. Did anyone else have these? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes! I had one of the Precious Places playsets! It looked just like this: http://www.thisoldtoy.com/new-images...sery-front.JPG Wow...that sure brings back memories!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I also had...

- Magic Nursery doll
    - Small Raggedy Ann
    - Large Raggedy Ann-like doll (I think it was homemade)
    - Several Barbies
    - Cabbage Patch baby
    - Oopsie Daisy doll (it's the baby who crawls, falls, and cries...I think my mother always loved this doll more than I did...haha...I used to try to run her over with a remote-controlled car [img]eek.gif[/img] )
    - A plastic doll with a musical wind-up thing on her back...don't remember the brand name
    - A little doll whom I so cleverly named "Dolly" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Awww...I forgot I had some of these dolls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had quite a few cabbage patch dolls, and Strawberry Shortcake. I can't remember what other ones I had, but I did have some my little ponies which my dd is into and has quite a few. It is funny how toys we used to have they are remaking. I say the other day a pogo ball which I used to have at Wlamart. My older sister had a Baby Alive and my parents had to throw it out because the food got stuck in her and she rotted.(I never saw it but she told me)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 11, 2006 03:34 PM: Message edited by: mcraft17 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by FarmhouseGirl:
    I had Corolle Dolls. They still sell these dolls at high end toy stores, and they are wonderful baby dolls! (I even like them better than Bitty, but don't tell anyone!)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I completely understand this. Corolle dolls have a unique property, the vinyl is infused with vanilla, so they smell wonderful all of the time. I have one Corolle doll (named Carol). Unfortunately, she came with a weird body which was later replaced, but she is just a wonderful doll. She is one of the Corolle "girl" dolls -- not a baby doll.

Taffy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast