Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which non -AG dolls did you have as a kid?

I*love*dolls

Originally posted by wiccacat:
    I had Dawn dolls. They were sort of like Barbie but smaller. They had mod clothes, a pink poodle and a cool apartment too. I still collect them but they're getting hard to find.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I collect those! My mother's friend collects them (has an entire room full of them!) but I havent gotten any for a year....I want to get this certain model agency doll next!

When I was younger I had:
    Dolly-horsman toddler doll from my mother from 1960s
    Polly-another horsman baby doll from next door neighbor's garage sale....2 bucks! 1949
    Nameless baby doll from zaph creation....1995
    Cinderela porcilane doll from around 2000
    Eskimo doll
    Curly Haired Redhead porclane doll named Rebecca that was a Birthday present from an exchange student of my brother's...2000
    porcilane asian doll from china town named Ayako
    Umm....
    A china doll with darker red curls named Jeanette
    Baby born doll
    and some others

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had Madame Alexander dolls. I had a baby pussycat, but my brother tore the head off. I kept the decapitated head on my dresser for about a week before my mom convinced me to let her buy me a new one. The new one was Susie and I still have her (although she needs to be spruced up a bit). I took her everywhere. When I was 4, my mom started getting me the 8" Madame Alexander dolls for my birthdays and Christmas. She kept buying them for me through high school, but the later ones were more for show. Looking at them, you can see which ones got more play. I also had a few of the larger MA dolls. I had a CPK, but my mom didn't want me to have Barbies, so I only had one that I bought with my allowance. She was a beautiful Celtic princess. I also had various other dolls that are now my daughters. If I have another girl, I'll have to make them share *grin*. I also had a Madame Alexander Margot Ballerina that was my mom's when she was a girl. However, my brother tore her eyelashes off of one eye and ripped her dress a bit.
    Sarah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never cared much for dolls as a child--a great disappointment to my mom, who always loved dolls.

My older sister had several baby dolls and a Baby Alive, and we each got one of those big "walking dolls" one Christmas. I also remember having a Penny Bright, and later on my sister and I each had a Barbie, and an outfit or two apiece. (I was born in 1959, and yes, NOBODY had more than 2 or 3 Barbies in those days! Too bad, in a way--they only cost about $3 each back then!)

I never really bonded with any doll until I discovered AG about 11 or 12 years ago, and now I am just NUTS about AG!! Go figure.... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Janie3082

I forgot to add a doll I had called a Dolly Surprise. When you lift her right arm, her hair "grows" longer. To shorten her hair, you crank her left arm up and down. I loved her! I don't know if she came with a name or not, and I don't remember what I called her. Here's a link to show what they look like. Mine isn't pictured, but she does the same thing. Mine still works!

Dolly Surprise Doll

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was a My Little Pony and stuffed animal girl as a child, and other then Molly I never bonded with another doll, though there was one waiting under the tree for me curtosey of my great aunt every Christmas. I've got three beautiful porcelians from her, so I guess she started my doll collecting long before I took it up 22. Thanks Nana! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I remember having a ton of Barbies in a wide slew of colors, Babysitter Club dolls, Cabbage Patch dolls, two Holly Hobbies I still have, cloth Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls I still have, various baby dolls, a few dolls that came with toy horses, and various fashion dolls. Had I known I was going to become a doll collector, they would not have gone to charity, but it makes me happy to think they're finally getting the love they deserved! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did anyone else have a My Child, they had a soft almost plush body and could stand on their own. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Barbie

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was born in 1958 and I actually did have quite a few Barbies. These were collected over a period of years however. I received my 1st when I was six (Christmas 1964) and continued to collect through my 11th birthday.

Dolls I had:

Barbie & Ken

Skipper & Ricky (Skipper's friend who was a boy)

Francie (Barbie's Mod cousin)

Tutti & Todd - Barbie's youngest brother and sister

Twist-n-Turn Barbie - when these came out you could turn in your old Barbie and get one of these for a very low price. Sadly, I traded in my first Barbie, a blond bubble head.

Stacy - (Barbie's British Friend)

Barbie that was bald and came with a set of wigs.

Barbie with hair that you could dye.

1 Little Kiddle - or was it Liddle Kiddle?

Madame Alexander Pussycat Baby Doll Look-alike.

Alta Moda Sheila (Italian doll made by Furga. She was 17 inches tall, similar to a Chrissy doll. We had just moved to Germany and my mom bought this for me at Toyland in the Post Exchange - Oct. 69. I loved this doll but have no idea whatever happened to her.)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 11, 2006 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Molly-Felicity ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, lets date ourselves, I had a small rubber baby doll, molded hair, arms and legs moved, maybe made by Sun Co.? Tiny Tears, Patty Playpal, one Blonde Barbie, Tammy with lots of clothes and a case.
    I had more dolls than most of my neighbors as I was an only child for 10 years. I have all of the above dolls except the Barbie. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

Originally posted by Molly-Felicity:
    I was born in 1958 and I actually did have quite a few Barbies. These were collected over a period of years however. I received my 1st when I was six (Christmas 1964) and continued to collect through my 11th birthday.

Dolls I had:

Barbie & Ken

Skipper & Ricky (Skipper's friend who was a boy)

Francie (Barbie's Mod cousin)

Tutti & Todd - Barbie's youngest brother and sister

Twist-n-Turn Barbie - when these came out you could turn in your old Barbie and get one of these for a very low price. Sadly, I traded in my first Barbie, a blond bubble head.

Stacy - (Barbie's British Friend)

Barbie that was bald and came with a set of wigs.

Barbie with hair that you could dye.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Last year I did a research paper on barbie and I think it's weird that Tutti and Todd were twins in the 60's and in the 90's it was Stacy and Todd as Barbies little twin siblings.

I have a clown too!- She's sort of plush, but oh-so-cute; I got her at the circus when I went in 5th grade. A doll I wish I had was a Shirley Temple doll- my grandma had one but she lost it a long time ago- I wish she still had it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast