Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I had to file a paypal complaint on my Kailey doll...HELP! I need a 3rd party opinion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any toy store will work. The store needs on letter head to state that the doll has faults that were not listed in the auction which lowers the value of the doll. I would go to the nears toy store and talk to the manager and ask that person to give their opinion of the condition of the doll and if it would be able to be resold. Paypal does not want much just to know what you are saying it the truth. Be sure to get all the paperwork into them within the 10 days.

Good luck. If it helps at all I won the dispute I had going with the Addy I got on ebay that had a spot on her nose.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Inactive Member mominindianapolis's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about a pawn shop or one of the auction drop places? Wouldn't they be able to verify what sort of "sellable" condition the doll is in? Perhaps an auction house?

Do you have a personal shopper at American Girl or could you just call American Girl customer service and see what they suggest in terms of getting an estimate to fix her?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure but if you win and they make you send the doll back you'll probably have to send everything back that came with it. It seems like I remember you winning a Kailey lot for $100 or so? I don't remember what came with it but maybe she'll decide to work out some kind of deal so you can get a partial refund and still keep the stuff you are happy with? I hope it works out. I got a smelly Kailey doll last month and she had ink on her arm as well, still does. I didn't realize it would'nt come out but I'm still in love with her and after fixing her up the best I could I can't wait to give her to my daughter for her birthday next week and telling her just how much love went into her new girl. Good Luck to you, I can't imagine the stress you must be experiencing right now! Try to find a bright side, if you can!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I wasn't going to bring that up, but since someone else did.....$100 for a Kailey doll is unbelievably cheap. In fact, I'm sure several people on the HB would be glad to take her off your hands for that price.

I understand why you are upset with the seller, but if I were you, I would just give Kailey the TLC she needs and welcome her to the family. Then if you find one in better condition down the line, buy that one and sell this one -- I'm sure you will make your $100 back and then some.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I didnt get back sooner but my computer was out of service again (the laptop is still out for repair and now my desk top lol....)

Yes Kaily was in a lot for $100 .... Yes she was photographed... No none of the flaws were listed in the auction.

I emailed the seller to let her know of the damge to Kailey (ink marks, thin \/bald spot)and to the items in the lot (the skate board's front AND back wheels were broken) and asked for a partial refund since none of this was listed in the auction (yes I paid 100 BUT that was the price SHE wanted kwim) She emailed me back and said that she KNEW there was ink on the doll but didnt feel the need to mention it ... and that she never said she was *perfect* .... UGH

Yes I got a good deal however the seller is being so rude about it and I truly do feel that I am entitled to a partial refund which is what I asked her for and after she wouldnt respond to emails I asked paypal for.

This has been such a pain UGH.

I'm going to give a doll house mimiture store a shot as well as an ebay sellers store to see if I could get a letter from them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Homemommie:
    ...(yes I paid 100 BUT that was the price SHE wanted kwim) She emailed me back and said that she KNEW there was ink on the doll but didnt feel the need to mention it ... and that she never said she was *perfect* .... UGH

Yes I got a good deal however the seller is being so rude about it and I truly do feel that I am entitled to a partial refund which is what I asked her for and after she wouldnt respond to emails I asked paypal for.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with you, Homemommie. Just because $100 is cheap for a Kailey, she was in BAD condition! Dry, thinning hair, marks on body, and the things she came with were not in described condition, and you could not see ANY of the flaws in the photos (I know, I saw the auction). I think the Homemommie should get a partial refund. Just because $100 is really cheap for a Kailey, doesn't mean that she should just settle for a doll in much less-than-described condition! The seller obviously made sure that the major flaws Kailey had were not mentioned, so she could make a quick sale. Homemommie, I hope you get your partial refund [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] .

Ashley1972

Homemommie, did you ever get this situation resolved?

LordofthePumpkinPatch

God, what an eBay nightmare! I hope things worked it out!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes - Please update us. This doesn't give me much faith in Paypal, but I supposed they have to check things out before just issuing refunds and reprimand sellers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Paypal found for Starla, but the seller refuses to respond to any emails about sending the doll back or helping pay for a new head, so she may keep the dolls because she is afraid she won't get her money back even if she returns her. . . Starla can give more details.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast