Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just made my first doll-related purchase in a number of months. However, none of the products are made by AG. I just ordered school uniforms for most of my dolls. I did find ways to some money, though.

Most school uniform companies charge around $25 for a doll jumper and white peter-pan shirt. I ordered from a school uniform company that just sells the doll jumpers by themselves for $12 each, then found another website that sells white AG-sized blouses for $5 a piece!

Of course, I had to order a special uniform that matches my Halloween costume-an adult-sized school uniform jumper! I even have the saddle shoes and peter-pan blouse for me! I got the saddle shoes from Payless.com for $15, which is a better price than many of the costume saddle shoes sold at costume stores and they fit better too because they come in all sizes!

I really want to start up Pleasant Academy. I won't have the desks and board and things but at least I can put all the dolls in the uniforms and use my imagination a little.

I can't wait to see how everyone will look!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 06, 2006 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooh! That sounds so neat! Cannot wait to see Pleasant Acadamy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, yes! I cannot wait to see the girls all in uniform. Are you putting the historicals in them, too?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    Ooh, yes! I cannot wait to see the girls all in uniform. Are you putting the historicals in them, too?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes. All of my dolls will have uniforms for whichever school they attend. I have 16 18in dolls total. I purchased 12 uniforms. 4 of the dolls will not attend Pleasant Academy because they will attend parochial religious schools.

2 of the dolls, Rebekah and Keren(my Gali Girl) are Orthodox Jewish, so they go to a different school and will have a different uniform-dark blue jumper, light blue, long-sleeve dress shirt. 2 of the other dolls, Josefina and Marisol are Roman Catholic and will attend Catholic school. They will probably wear the red and green plaid uniforms that look like the ones my Brownies wear when we meet with them after school for Girl Scout meetings.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 06, 2006 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Polly Marie

So glad you got the uniforms and have plans for the rest of the girls' schooling. Please post pics of the school girls later. [img]smile.gif[/img]

thepidget

That sounds cool. Can you tell us which websites you made your purchases from? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Katie!

Those outfits and really your whole school plan sounds just wonderful! You are so organized about it and I think it is awesome that each doll is getting a uniform/school outfit of some type.

Did you mention last night that you've got the HH blackboard? It does work extremely well for the 18in dolls and I don't think it looks too youthful for them at all.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your schools once you get everything set up! If you wouldn't mind sharing, what is the link to the store that sells the jumpers for the dolls. I'm interested in getting a jumper for Holly, but I'm not totally gaga over Molly's school outfit.

Before you get an album ready, you may just have to post a new siggy picture--the whole project just sounds so neat!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

GrandmaNonnie

Thank you for the links. I cant wait to see pics of Pleasant Academy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, that sounds absolutely wonderful! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] I also appreciate the links, and look forward to pictures when the uniforms arrive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast