Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know this idea will sound odd. But I was thinking what if on american girl.com you could get a virtual doll. So girls who aren't able to get a doll but still want one could have one. The first virtual doll you could get free. Then you would have to earn points by playing games, taking quizzes etc. With those points you could buy outfits or more dolls. Also you would have to take care of that doll by brushing her hair, or cleaning her up if she gets dirty. And when you buy an outfit or accessory you can mix and match them, like in real life.
    Yes, it is a weird idea, but hey I think it would be cool.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ December 31, 2006 11:53 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

iheartAG

Wow, what a neat idea! I don't think AG will do that, probably because girls will love their online dolls more and not buy the real dolls. But it sounds pretty cool!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, that's an awesome idea!! I love virtual doll sites already, and an ag one would be so cool! It could also help girls decide which dolls and outfits they wanted in the future.

thepidget

I think that would be a cool idea if AG could pull that off. It's a creative idea. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I believe the AG site has virtual paper dolls of the historical girls...I don't think it works too well, but it's the closest thing that matches your idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think that people not buying dolls would be a problem... a virtual doll couldn't replace my actual dollies, but I would still like one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Virtual dolls might sell more dolls...I've bought a few Neopets Acara plushies because of my virtual pets. [img]redface.gif[/img]

That's a really neat idea! I think it's too complicated and difficult for AG to pull off; they have a hard time even keeping their sales pages up. But, it would be neat to see!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by pidgetgirl:
    I think that would be a cool idea if AG could pull that off. It's a creative idea. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I believe the AG site has virtual paper dolls of the historical girls...I don't think it works too well, but it's the closest thing that matches your idea.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And it has to be EXACTLY from the time period. Like, you can't dress Lissie up in Kirsten's petticoat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like this idea!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think a virtual doll dressing room would be beneficial ot both us and AG. I think it would cut down on returns, plus you could see how a doll looks in certian outfits, regardlesss of time period, historical, or today.