-
October 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
#1
Inactive Member
What time period do u think rebecca will be from?
-
October 25th, 2004, 10:10 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Late 19th century is my best guess. I don't think they will do anything after WWII since that's like the beggining of modern history. And I'd be very surprised if they did anything before Kaya, 'cause shes "the first American girl" but Rebecca is a good pilgrim name. They wouldn't do 1920's because thats too close too kit, nor 1910's because that to close to Samantha.
Anyways, heres all the decades between 1765 and 1944 that AG has not done:
1780's
1790's
1800's
1810's
1830's
1870's
1880's
1890's
1910's
1920's.
There are several posts called "the unwritten AG years" that could be informative:
The unwritten years 1492-1754
Of course it wold have to be a settlement from the late 16th century up or it would not be a settlement in the current US borders. These are Spanish settlement and since life in them had hardly changed from Josefina's time lets bump it up to 1607. And of course Kaya is "the first American girl" so there wouldn't be a doll predating 1764 anyways.
the unwruitten years II
The unwritten years 1804-1894
A Hawaiian doll from around 1884 would be interesting.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 25, 2004 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Felicity+Addyfan ]</font>
-
October 25th, 2004, 11:02 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I kinda thought a african american doll during the Martin Luther King Jr. period would be cool.... A girl helping boycott the African American rights! Or a 50's girl with a cute poodle skirt and a record in her purse for her acc... and an school jacket! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
October 25th, 2004, 11:19 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I thought the exact same thing!!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
October 25th, 2004, 11:34 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Rebecca will probably come from 1954. That is what I had written to them about. But this was last year, do not recall the enitre conversation with the AG publicist. So let's wait and see.
-
October 25th, 2004, 11:49 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I think the 1950s would be fabulous! I only have one problem: how to deal with Marisol, Rebecca, and who-knows-which friend doll all in one year!!!!!!
-
October 26th, 2004, 12:13 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Curse me for being different, but I for one would hate a 1950's doll (*gasp*) I dispise poodle skirts! Aww man... I wanted a 19th Jewish immigrant!!! [img]mad.gif[/img]
-
October 26th, 2004, 01:25 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Well, that would be cool too, Felicity+Addyfan! Apparently, all of my critical faculties shut down when it comes to AG; there is very little I don't like.
-
October 26th, 2004, 01:33 AM
#9
Inactive Member
JandJmom, Rebecca is not coming out for two years, so you going to have time to wait. Marisol is coming out this year, and the Elizabeth? doll will come out next year or so.
-
October 26th, 2004, 01:33 AM
#10
Inactive Member
JandJmom, Rebecca is not coming out for two years, so you going to have time to wait. Marisol is coming out this year, and the Elizabeth? doll will come out next year or so.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks