Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Rebecca

  1. #11
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah! I hope it's a 50's doll! I think that would be great, I hope it has a poodle skirt as nice as the halloween costume (which I don't have, but want! LOL!) I am worried that there will be too many new dolls out in a relatively short time, though! I don't see any end to this addiction!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If Lissie isn't retired I will not care if the doll is 1950's. The doll will just get the Grease theme stuck eternally in my head. But if Felicity is retired the same time that Rebecca comes out and she is a 1950's doll I will seriously consider giving up AG.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that Rebecca will be from California to tie in with the ( rumored) California AGP. Her time period will be sometime between Addy and Samantha. I would have preferred her to be from New England.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had hoped she would be a Jewish immigrant in the late 1800's or 1914.

    As for a 50's doll, I would love that because my mom was a '54 girl (as in born in '44) and it would be her! I hope they make a poodle skirt that doesn't have a poodle on it! Be informative, use another design.

    I would think a 50's doll would be a choice the company would like because it would be so easy to research. We had filmed media then. People are still alive to talk about it.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JandJmom, Rebecca is not coming out for two years, so you going to have time to wait. Marisol is coming out this year, and the Elizabeth? doll will come out next year or so.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Okay, that makes sense! I don't know why I thought they would come out with 3 dolls in one year! I guess I am just getting so impatient to see Marisol . . . . [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Kathrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm voting for either a jewish emmigrant, or a girl in San Fransico during the gold-rush.
    I'm not that big a fan of a girl from the 50's, I think she would be too "american" for me, eventhough I'm wearing a poodle-skirt today(it doesn't have a poodle!), yep they are in fashion over here!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 26, 2004 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Kathrine ]</font>

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Keri_Doll_collecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol....who's rebecca?? hah I must have missed somethin [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think that a 50's doll would be different enough from Molly to make it a success. The cold war dominated the 50s and fashions were not that different. The poodle skirt was a fad item for one season not a fashion constant. The only way to make a 50s doll work would be to make her background different from Molly- a refugee from an iron curtain country or a Korean war orphan.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think AG would have the guts to touch a Korean war orphan story. That particular episode of MASH is one I will never forget.

    I'd like an 1830's girl, or as I have said many times previously, an 1880's immigrant! To have a girl for the California gold rush era would be awfully close to Kirsten and not that different unless she was Mexican. 1830's children's fashions on a doll would be VERY interesting to see though. The adult clothes for that period are mostly gosh-awful, IMO. And the sleeves would be a riot to see on a doll, lol.

    I want a pilgrim too! Or an early 1700's New England colonist, she could even be Dutch. That'd be neat! They had some fabulous looking clothes in New England in the 1730's and 1740's. When I first heard about Kaya, I was hoping and praying and dreaming about it being a Pilgrim or an early colonist. I was very disappointed, and that may be part of the reason that I don't really care for Kaya all that much. I heard "First American Girl" and thought "Oh boy! A pilgrim!". I had ancestors come over on the Mayflower, as did a lot of other people in this country whether they know it or not. Without the dedication and hard work of the Pilgrims and the first colonists, we wouldn't have an America at all. AG needs to recognize this, IMO.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A 1950s doll doesn't neccessarily mean 'poodle skirt'... I think that sort of dress was more for older girls (15-18), whereas girls AG age (10) would have simpler dresses and skirts more like Molly or Kit.

    Rebecca to me sounds like an old fashioned, highly religiously associated name, so I really wouldn't be suprised to see her as a Jewish character either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •