Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "Possible BBQ" info....Now with ?????.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Nomalas:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by classic:
    .....it should be that you have to bring something for your right of passage.....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I agree. And, it is my opinion that the "something" that everyone should bring is CASH, plain and simple.

Now that may sound a bit harsh, but for the past couple of years a voluntary "contribution" box was put out so if anyone felt they wanted to help out, they could. Well, frankly, not many people "helped out".

So this year, it is my suggestion that EVERYONE who ends up attending "contributes" a set amount.

The details still would have to worked out but I think that making "contributions" required would go a long way in making this BBQ actually happen.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Keep in mind that some of us travel quite far and spend some serious cash just to get there. I've been "invited" since the first BBQ and I'm not sure I like being guilted into coughing up more cash for a party I was asked to attend. If we're going to be up front with this then fine, I'll budget for it or I'll decline. At least give me the choice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I'm surprised to hear that not a lot of people have contributed to the collection box in past years. We always have, so if we were able to go again, we wouldn't mind paying...Although, it looks like the chances of me making it this year are slim.

Hey Nom, maybe I'll just come visit YOU instead when I have the time [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by munkkey:
    I'm surprised to hear that not a lot of people have contributed to the collection box in past years. We always have, so if we were able to go again, we wouldn't mind paying...Although, it looks like the chances of me making it this year are slim.

Hey Nom, maybe I'll just come visit YOU instead when I have the time [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's OK with me and the wife! Just drop me an e-mail or PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

one year I'd like to be able to attend the BBQ. probably wouldn't be for another two years, though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i really hope something comes together. but ya it should be that you have to bring something for your right of passage. than all steve has to do is provide the location and his time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that I and Cook for sure put money in the box. In fact Cook even picked up soda, ice and wine coolers when her and Donna (steve's) went out. Everyone should contribute and not put it all on Steves shoulders. Dont want to make it so he doesnt want us around!

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 05, 2005 01:20 PM: Message edited by: chaserfan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I thought that box was for us to use to help pay for our gas [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If my prior comments made it sound that hardly anyone made a contribution, I'm sorry.
    I'm sure ALL of the "regulars" put something in the box....and then some!
    The problem with last year was that there was soooooo many other people, the ratio of those who didn't and those who did was quite high.

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ August 05, 2005 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Nomalas ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wonder if the way we left the box just sitting around on the tables if they could have been tampered with. there should have been quite a bit in there

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by macabeee:
    Lord knows, I don't want to be the one who causes the 2005 Unreal Food Poisoning!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now, that sounds like one hell of a shindig. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast