Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm done collecting (pics)

Inactive Member The Cheshire Cat's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dunno...the way it is for me is, collecting will never get old because I can never bring myself to have so much stuff...i'm talking just my room here too...so I limit myself to what I buy and with my limited budget that helps too...

I think you need to sell off some stuff you don't need and pace yourself....I always say I'm gonna get this or that but the reality is I hardly do...I say you should just open your stuff, display what you like, then when you get tired, box them up and store them until you feel like displaying them again...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

whats that? Oh your bong!
    collection2
    Eh, you have been busy weeding your collection [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ October 02, 2004 02:29 PM: Message edited by: the kaos meister ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peeker could use that Rowlf! (unless you've already posted it on ebay).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I too have had that moment of clarity when you realize you have way too much crap! For me, display space is a premium. I just thinned out what I had out and replace a few things and rotated the others to the crawl space. I'm better now. I have definitely cut back on what I buy though.

EndQuest

I'm cutting back my collection. I'm giving some of it away, a little at a time.

Inactive Member Galactus the Planet Eater's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Andyman:
    I too have had that moment of clarity when you realize you have way too much crap! For me, display space is a premium. I just thinned out what I had out and replace a few things and rotated the others to the crawl space. I'm better now. I have definitely cut back on what I buy though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here. I rotate stuff every 2-3 months and what I take out becomes like new. But if you do quite collecting, dont quite the board. Keep the interest at least.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Every time I think I'm going to narrow down, something comes out that makes me say "I gotta have it" For instance SW Unleashed really grabbed me as does all the Alien / Predator stuff
    and DC Direct (who I really thought I was long done with) Came out with Kingdom Come, Cool Batman stuff like some of the DK strikes again and 'Hush' stuff. I thought I'd never get another Batman figure until I located my longtime Grail 'Dark Knight' Blue and Grey Bats
    by Hasbro, to go along with my Black DK Detective , which are the two best Batman figs ever done IMHO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I occasionally go through this... only, my collection is much more out of hand than yours... Imagine what it must be like if someone like bonedust had one of these moments... [img]eek.gif[/img]

bonedust

been buying spawn stuff for 10 years, and ive never had it once. then again, my collection is completely contained in one room, and i only go in 2 or 3 times a week...so its like special vic-time (different than the special victime u are imagining).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Joranthalus:
    I occasionally go through this... only, my collection is much more out of hand than yours... Imagine what it must be like if someone like bonedust had one of these moments... [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, just avoid opening any closets at Jor's house. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast