Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TrueHorror:
    another reason I hate him is because instead of him making this movies because he feels bad for the victims he makes them to fuel his political agenda.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like his older attitude of going after big sleazy business....I haven't seen either BFC or F9/11.....of course the lines between government and big business are so blurry it is nearly imposible to divide them....Were heading toward that Gibson future of super-nation state sized corporations controlling everything.....

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ June 24, 2004 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Chairman Kaga ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TH, I really don't get where you're coming from at all......

He's not out to capitolize on 9/11 or the victims of it at all. Hell, the movie isn't really even about 9/11....maybe the title's just throwing you off or something, I don't know.

The movie is really about the current state your country is in because of Bush, and all the wrong moves he's made (there are many) since he came into office. Yeah, it's Moore's own political agenda, for sure....but he has every right to express his opinion (well, not according to Bush, of course). He's also not forcing his anti-Bush sentiments down anyones throat. All he's doing is presenting the facts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You mean "facts".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

See my thing is ..I hate politics. I will never truly KNOW the "facts". I wont be voting for anyone this year as I feel its sad these are the two best candidates we can come up with? Its all a marketing ploy by their campaigns. Moore stating his beliefs and his "facts" are fine however I feel if he really wanted to do his country a service he wouldnt CHARGE to see these "documentaries".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how is making a movie about his anti-bush sentiments and advertising the hell out of it not forcing it down our throats? i know i dont have to go see it if i dont want to, and i wont, but its still everywhere. Ads, posters, all over the news. and when he blabs his stupid ugly head about his views every chance he gets? thats also forcing it down my throat.

and he isnt just 'presenting the facts', he's presenting SOME of the facts. the facts that make his argument look better.

(just my opinion, of course)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TH....

Fair enough if you don't like politics, and you'd rather just not have anything to do with it all.....I just didn't think it was fair to hate the guy for exploiting 9/11 when that's not really what he's doing at all. As for the charging us thing....well, everybody needs to make a living. If he made documentaries for free, not only would he be flat broke, but he also wouldn't have the opportunity to make anymore documentaries.

Nick....

Wow...I don't agree at all. I think that's just called free speech. Rap and Hip-Hop is all over the place nowadays (seriously, it's oozing out of every North American orifice it can get itself into) and I still hate the fuck out of it all. I could complain that it's being shoved down my throat, but for that to happen, my mouth would have to be open. Bottom line is - no matter whos saying what, or whats being advertised where, you're still free to believe and think whatever you want. As long as that holds true, nobody can shove anything down anywhere. That's what free speech is all about, right? Also, what is he leaving out? What facts are being omitted?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh, i completely agree with you about the free speech thing, and everything you mentioned in that last post. its definitely similar to rap, and music, and all that stuff. and i know I can turn it off in my head and see it that way. Its the masses out there that I have the problem with.

Due to politics being the subject of these movie's, way to many people out there dont look at it like music. They dont look at it like a 'story' being told about someone's believes. Its a very sensitive subject that a lot of people dont study up on enough, so they just accept it and take it as fact by default.

you and I can turn these things on and off and see the difference in our heads, but the general population of idiots can not.

thats all i was sayin'

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast