Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle:
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That article seemed (at least to me) like a whole lot of nitpicking.

The big thing I read there was that Clarke has admitted to authorizing the flights and claims that in doing so, he acted alone.

Yet this is still not quite a fact. I believe that's just a pile of bullshit, and that he is indeed taking the heat for Bush. All the article says to disprove that theory is "...it does not seem very likely..." which isn't much of a defense.

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ June 24, 2004 03:28 PM: Message edited by: werewolfoz ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Moore while entertaining is far from totally accurate and abuses information for his own agenda on a regular basis. i don't hate him but i also don't think everything he says is true. i do like the sheer amount of disruption he causes though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Blah blah blah, free speech is good as long as it supports my viewpoints. That's pretty much what all the bitching boils down to. I'm looking foward to this movie, and I hope it helps to get Bush out of office come November.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope that Santa comes this Christmas

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by UrashimaNick:
    oh, i completely agree with you about the free speech thing, and everything you mentioned in that last post. its definitely similar to rap, and music, and all that stuff. and i know I can turn it off in my head and see it that way. Its the masses out there that I have the problem with.

Due to politics being the subject of these movie's, way to many people out there dont look at it like music. They dont look at it like a 'story' being told about someone's believes. Its a very sensitive subject that a lot of people dont study up on enough, so they just accept it and take it as fact by default.

you and I can turn these things on and off and see the difference in our heads, but the general population of idiots can not.

thats all i was sayin'
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Right, right....and that's very true that MANY people out there are indeed idiots who will just accept things at face value when it comes to politics.

However.....just because people in general can't smarten up (and it's really sad that this is the majority of people, and not just a handful) doesn't mean anyone - whether it's Michael Moore or Howard Stern or whoever else - should have to watch what they say or be held responsible for the mass retardation.

I mean, now we're talking "setting a good example". That's perfectly acceptable if we're speaking to a 4-year-old, because they may not know enough to make up their own mind just yet. But these are adults we're talking about. Grown-ups who are supposed to make their own decisions, and carry their own beliefs.....if they're not capable of doing that by the time they can vote, then I say it's their own damn problem, and not the fault of whoever's speaking their mind.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree that its up to the adults to make their own decision.

and i didnt say that Moore should have to watch his mouth, or be careful what he says. But i do believe that he is taking advantage of the stupid people. He knows they are dumb and will just except it as fact, so it is THEN that he starts forcing it down their throats.

and THAT is why i dont like the guy. I can honestly care less about his views. Its the way he expresses himself that i dont agree with.

thats all...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and THAT is why i dont like the guy. I can honestly care less about his views. Its the way he expresses himself that i dont agree with.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Originally posted by werewolfoz:
    And Shockwave......do you actually hate the guy, or is it just because you're pro-Bush?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know him so I can't actually "hate" him but I'm pretty sure if I met him, hung out with him, avoided being ate by him....then I'd hate him....and yes, I'm pro-Bush but Moore just capitalizes on peoples fears and provides so called facts that are based on half truths and complete paranoid propaganda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree that its up to the adults to make their own decision.

and i didnt say that Moore should have to watch his mouth, or be careful what he says. But i do believe that he is taking advantage of the stupid people. He knows they are dumb and will just except it as fact, so it is THEN that he starts forcing it down their throats.

thats all...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, well.......so you believe he's taking advantage of the idiots. Alright then.

y'know, you could've just said that in the first place, and saved all this typing [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lmao [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

(i thought i did) [img]frown.gif[/img]

j/k -- nothing like some healthy typing - god knows thats the only excersice i'll get today! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

**Edit: looked back, and it was one of the things i was thinking of saying in my second post, but forgot about it by the time i was done typing [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ June 24, 2004 04:14 PM: Message edited by: UrashimaNick ]</font>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast