Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet. Is there a picture??

------------------
    ~~The Knight_Crawler~~
    ===={::??@m??::}====

?By four o?clock, I?ve discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.?
    -- Spider Jerusalem

?We crisscross the world, making it right, making it strange, and the people never see our coming or our going...?
    -- Dr. Axel Brass

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is also an Ultimate Bust line currently out. I believe storm was the first, then Mags. So Kurt might possibly pop up there.

a quick link with some pics. I did a search on google.com/
    http://www.johns-toys-store.com/stor...0&pagenumber=3

created by: http://www.hardhero.com/

[This message has been edited by BAMFCentral (edited February 12, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

OK...seeing as how I'm collecting far too many of these statue lines anyway, here's some info:

The Cyclops X-Men Evolution Maquette is from Hard Hero Enterprises, who have already started an incredible Transformers (my other passion) mini-bust line. The Cyclops will be limited to 2500 pieces, which isn't a huge production number, nor it is ridiculously tiny. Basically, I would expect initial orders on it to be filled, but for it to disappear from stores before the end of the year. No word yet on who will be next, but given the attention to detail that they are giving the Transformers line (full size Unicron statue as a Botcon Exclusive...*drool*...), I wouldn't be surprised to see Kurt show up some time in the first 5 figures. You can check them out at www.hardhero.com. If you want to preorder one, let me know...I should be able to get at least 10% off...possibly as much as 20% if I get enough orders.

The Ultimate Mini-Bust line is being produced by Diamond Select. Storm is arriving this week, Magneto next month, and Ultimate Spidey and Goblin in April. I believe Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine and Colossus are also all on the schedule (having to remember production art I saw in NYC back in September...). No Nightcrawler so far, but we'll see how the line goes. They are also going to start producing a line of extremely detailed (but extremely pricey) action figures based on various Marvel properties, primarily Ultimate and Marvel Knights. Ultimate Spider-Man debuted this week at the International Toy Fair. A Tim Bradstreet designed Punisher is also on the slate. There's a chance of an Ultimate Nightcrawler popping up here as well, but they are supposed to retail for around $20...not cheap by any means.

Another thing to crop up at Toy Fair this week was a new 12" line under the heading "Marvel Studios". These figures are 1/6 scale (like your standard G.I.Joe figures), with cloth costumes and detailed weaponry. And MAN are they looking cool. No Nightcrawler here, but here's the line up so far: Marvel Knights Punisher, Movie Blade, Marvel Knights Nick Fury, Deadpool, Ultimate Captain America, Marvel Knights Captain America, Ultimate Wolverine (Weapon X fatigues), Origin Wolverine (Logan), and New X-Men Wolverine. I think these are going to retail for between $30 and $40, but with tons of articulation, die-cast metal weapons, and near perfect costumes, I think they will be worth every penny.

You can check out pics of the Ultimate line and Marvel Studios stuff at American Dream Comics: www.americandreamcomics.com.

Sooooooo...yeah. Lots of stuff to spend money on besides necessities. :P

- Darkholme

------------------
    "Becoming invisible within shadows is useless if you are going to yell out my codename at every available juncture. Plain, simple Kurt Darkholme will do."
    - Nightcrawler, X-Calibre #1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Flipping through Previews this month like any good comic/game/card-geek, I came upon a resin statue, standing 12-13" tall if memory serves. This particular statue is of Scott Summers, better known to us as Cyclops.

Normally, this might not merit much attention. After all, we discuss Nightcrawler and all things bamfy here, not Cyke and his eyes 'o' doom. However, this statue is of Scott's Evolution self, and is billed as 'the first in a series.'

We all know what this means. There will be a Nightcrawler Evo statue... and it will cost $99 retail. There may even be two Nightcrawlers like in the action figures - one Induced, another not.

I fear for my soul... and wallet.

-idsunki

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kick ass! Thanks for the news Darkholme! I'm gonna be sooooooo pooor!

------------------
    ~~The Knight_Crawler~~

"By four o'clock, I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead." - Spider Jerusalem

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and by the way, I don't think that's Ultimate Wolverine. It probably really is "World War II Wolverine". No chin beard and he looks too old!

Oh...and aren't both Captain Americas "Ultimate Cap"? I know the one they have listed as "WWII Cap" is from Hitch's Ultimates designs, and the other one has the Ultimate ensignia on his arm, doesn't he? I think that that is what it is...

Oh, and Darkholme, I'm sendin' ya an email. Money's tight until March. Just found out I have to come up with $600 for tuition THIS WEEK. *sigh*
    ------------------
    ~~The Knight_Crawler~~

"By four o'clock, I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead." - Spider Jerusalem

[This message has been edited by Knight_Crawler (edited February 13, 2002).]