L
    E
    R
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E
    ... see those words that the Supreme Pontiff is saying on page 3 there? I was puzzled by them when I first read them, but I figured out what they mean. They're in German, written backwards: "Das was dir am meisten bedeutet," which translates as "That which means the most to you." No idea if it's *correct* German, but that's undoubtedly what they were trying to say.

Sounds a lot like the SP's "that which you value most," don't it? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: actually, I think the more accurate translation is "that which *meant* the most to you." That could be significant... :-o

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 30, 2002 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Rex Luscus ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in German written backwards? whoa, I wonder why that was done... thanks for translating, i couldn't figure that one out [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Short version: It's good.

Slightly longer version: It's actually a REALLY good Kurt spotlight issue.

And yet longer version: I think Casey is trying to make up for Kurt's overuse of "Mein Gott" whenever he needed to say something in German. A fairly good chunk of the dialog is in German (and with no subtitles). I'm going to break out my dictionary in a little bit because my Deutsch is sehr rusty. After reading this issue I'm REALLY starting to feel bad about lambasting Casey after Poptopia. He does have a good handle on Nightcrawler after all.

But yes. Good issue. Great art. Sean Phillips is the man. Ron Garney is not (unless it's Cap, but now I think I like John Cassaday's Cap more...).

- Darkholme

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darkholme:
    Slightly longer version: It's actually a REALLY good Kurt spotlight issue.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just picture me jumping up and down and shrieking a lot right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Boy, it's gonna be a long week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

squeals with delight [img]smile.gif[/img] now i don't feel bad that i talked Dave Cockrum into picking up this issue [img]tongue.gif[/img] i am totally in love wiht jsut the first 4 pages... but the haking them up like that bugs me no end.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DAMN!

I get my comics in a monthly bundle...they're due next week...and barring some small miracle I won't see this issue until the first week of JULY!

Might have to make a trek down to Brisbane and pick it up...looks like it might be worth the bus fare...

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Nandireya ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VERY NICE! damn it! the continumm is down, i can't see if it is there [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 09:01 PM: Message edited by: kurtlover ]</font>

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 09:09 PM: Message edited by: kurtlover ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Only 2 more days!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info BC! You and Darkholme's short descriptions are really torturing us, you know! I like it! I must be a masochist! :^D

So, Kurt's agnsting. Poor baby. Life's a bitch for him lately.

Do they explain how he ended up in Germany with this guy from the circus? And, is the explanation goofy or along the lines of what we'd guessed? I find it pretty convenient that they just turn up on this guy's doorstep.

On a side note if our theory of Chamber boosting Kurt's powers is right it would be a neat twist to their powers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought so too.... but then Chuck Austen is leaving Chamber off the team... there goes that idea.

i am a bit dissapointed that he is angsting, but atleast Casey acknowledges that he is acting differently, and should put to rest some people saying he simply does not understand the character. he is obviously doing this on purpose, and hopefully with a bigger goal in mind... (and havent we all said it would be unrealistic for Kurt to leave the priesthood without a great deal of angsting?) not that we have much room for that goal to be achieved [img]confused.gif[/img] I am still hopin this 'turning point' in 409 will put things right.

BC, were his origins touched upon at all?

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ June 03, 2002 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast