Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's good? It's REALLY good? Kick ass! I'll be at that comic shop door when it opens Wednesday then! But, um, if it's got a lot of German with no subtitles I'll need help.

Howza'bout some of those among us blessed with a handle on German translate for ths rest of us poor schmucks who took Spanish instead? Even if I invest in a dictionary I won't be able to figure anything out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright, Got ahold of the preview issue! For those who want to know scroll down, for those who don't scroll down past my spoiler tags

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    !
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    !
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    !

Quick summation. Kurt is brooding throughout much of the issue. And he apparently has KEPT his faith in God. But his faith in Xavier's dream seems to be diminished. Paraphrasing, but he mentioned his Joy of the adventure in fighting the good fight isn't there. So if not Xavier's dream then his swash has been unbuckled. which just sucks! Of course all of this might be undone by Austin later. Will wait and see.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    !
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    !
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds just like Casey...poorly paced and choppy
    guess I'll have to wait and see.
    It would be nice if he could pull off a nice finish.
    [img]frown.gif[/img]
    Pandora

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*sigh* you don't know anything about the pacing... I actually like Casey's pacing, very spot on.

anyway Pandora will throttle me, but i was about to say to BC, that while this may be different from what i was expecting and i was initially dissapointed to hear what went on, Casey has rarely dissapointed me in the past so i doubt i would have been too upset with it regardless [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry Nocturne, just because I dont like the way that Casey tells a story doesn't mean that he is a bad writer...and pacing is all a matter of personal taste and perspective, I think.
    I am the worlds most picky person and his style just doesnt do it for me, thats all.

Oh and Nocturne, I wont REALLY throttle you,I just enjoy being a Crumudgin!I hate waiting, Im still a little kid in that respect,trust me, I will be just as un-kind to poor Chuck Austen, when I dont get what I want! [img]wink.gif[/img] HEEHEEHEE!:It's good to be bad!

Pandora

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nocturne:
    but think about it this way BC. if the SP took what he valued the most, and that was Xaviers dream and his swashbuckling personality... which did he value more in the first place, his faith in God or in the Dream? that's right, Casey is saying that (until the SP messed with him) he valued a good time and fighting the good fight above his faith in God. so if he gets that back, he may value it even MORE</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh!! Ooooh!!! I love you Nocturne!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well all this discussion might be moot once Austin takes over the reigns, but at least it gives us something to debate over [img]smile.gif[/img]

For me, Casey has really redeemed himself. And no not trying to start anything up again, just wanted to make a statement. Casey really has weeved a web of plots together, which will hopefully pay off come #409. Now whether or not I agree with where he is headed is a diff matter, but as of late everything story wise/flow seems to be solid. The issue is a good read and slows down the pace of the storyline, which is needed from time to time. I never much cared for all out battle every issue. So reflection time is always nice to see.

Again I hope Nocturne is right about where Casey is headed with this, time will tell.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rex: No Wolverine from what I saw. He was probably to busy fighting Xavier over in New X-Men.

Nocturne: Sorry if I killed anything for you, but a few other posts I read had me concerned that people where expecting a lot in the story as well as a resolution. I just didn't want people to be let down. While the soliciation for the comic is accurate, it is very over emphasized for the acutal events which occur in the story. All that said, it is still an interesting read, and I hope everyone picks it up. I think we will get the final anwser on Casey's NC in issue #409.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so, what did everyone think? i really liked it. Casey clearly understands Kurts character. while he certainly was not written in character, there was a damned good reason, and Casey clearly understands him nontheless. and no writer on the face of the planet would set up a situation like that wihtout plans of resolving it, especially if they full well knew they'd be leaving in 2 issues, so we WILL see a resolution to this odd behaviour, i am certain. and as mentioned, i am rather glad that since the SP took what he valued the most and that turned out to be Kurts belief in the Dream, it means that he placed htat above his belief in god and even if Casey does not have him leave the priesthood, this leaves Austen with a perfect way to make him more fun IF Kurt gats what was taken form him back. that is a mighty big if, but... well lets take a little lesson form Kurt and have a little faith [img]smile.gif[/img]

i must say, Stacy had me in stitches, i love her [img]smile.gif[/img]

anyway. for anyone wondering here is a translation of all the german bits courtesey of Peter Luzifer:

"Feuer" means "fire", it seems to be the man's stagename from when he was working in the circus

the title :
    "Gl?ubiger, Heiler, Gefallener" = "believer, healer, (the) fallen"

Page 3 panel 5
    "Tetuedeb netsiem ma rid saw sad. Supreme Pontiff" - backwards and in german.

"das was dir am meisten bedeutet" (when said forwards)
    = that what means most to you

page 4
    "was bitte ist ein Pontifex Maximus" - said by Feuer
    = pardon, what is a Supreme Pontiff ?
    (actually Feuer himself translates it the next panel)

"vas ?" (when will they learn - it is spelled Was ?) = "What ?"

"mein Gott" = my god

page 8
    "Mir geth es gut, danke" (spelling error, it's "geht" ) = "I'm fine, thank you"

page 17
    "Vielleicht schulde ich dir eine Erkl?rung" = "Perhaps I owe you an apology"

page 19
    "Soll ich euch allein lassen ?" = "Should I leave you alone? "

"Nein, das ist nicht n?tig" = "no, that is not neccessary "

"meinen Freunde" (grammar error it's "meine Freunde") = "my friends"

page 22
    "Ich sch?tze, du hast recht" = "I guess you're right"

page 23
    "Feuer, alter Freund" = "Feuer, old friend"

"lebe wohl und wurde" the last word makes no sense at all. I think they either mean

"lebe wohl und werde" - "farewell and grow / develop"
    or
    "lebe wohl und W?rde" - "farewell and dignity"

Both sound strange in german, though I'd take the first one out of therse two.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did Kurt ever explicitly say that what the SP took from him was his belief in the Dream? Losing that was clearly a consequence of what was done to him, but was it the thing itself? What do the nightmares mean? It feels to me like there are still things not revealed about Kurt's encounter with the SP. I guess we'll find out eventually.

I liked the issue, though. How could I not? Kurt and Sean Phillips, together again. [img]smile.gif[/img] I do wish a little more had *happened*, though; seemed kinda talky. Wish it had been more like the first three pages, so that we could have gotten a little more insight into what's going thru Kurt's mind.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast