Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lesse, He was in Spice World, ummm also he was the "bad turned good guy" in spy kids. i watched that thinking about Nightcrawler because he was Wizards Casting call choice for Kurt. He looks really scary in that picture though...An I still got my vote for tony Vincent, but i guess that in't gonna happen...oh well. He's stillg gonna be in the movie!!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I, myself am totally lame and hardly ever get out to see movies, so I had little clue who this guy was, (I am in fact SO lame that the only movie I've seen him in was "Josie and the Pussycats" and I saw THAT one by accident). I sort of had mixed feelings about the whole thing- I was just starting to get attached to Ethan Embry...
    I don't think I'll be having the problem of not being able to see the actor as anyone other than himself- but I think the whole thing is going to take a little getting used to. I found myself at his webpage myself, and it was really bizzarre--- not the webpage itself- just-- my thoughts. Every time I'd see a pic where he was crouching, or smiling and looking smart- I'd go "yeah... I can see that!" and then I'd click and see a picture of him wearing a red dress with his rear exposed... err...
    I just thought it was sort of funny, it seemed that Embry was going to need to play up his geekiness to take the teen-idol edge off of his appearance... most of the pics I saw of Cumming were a little toooo geeky for my mental images of what a live-action crawler should be- but there were some very convincing images.
    Perhaps I'm a fool for placing my faith in the movie-making powers that be, but I'm so psyched about this movie they could cast Macauly Culkin and I probably wouldn't care.
    No... I would. Neverming ^.^;;

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Every time I'd see a pic where he was crouching, or smiling and looking smart- I'd go "yeah... I can see that!" and then I'd click and see a picture of him wearing a red dress with his rear exposed... err..."

EXACTLY! That was my thought, just looking through those pictures. Seems like a cool guy, but Kurt? I didn't know he was Wizard's pick in casting call. How long ago was that? I only read Wizard occasionally. Plus I swear to God I've NEVER seen this guy in anything. I haven't seen those movies he's in, but I guess I'll be trekking to Blockbuster this weekend now.

Anyhoo, this was on CNN.com, foisted from Blue Believers:

"'X-Men' lures Cumming
    NEW YORK (Reuters) -- While Marvel's wall crawler "Spider-Man" continues to rack up summer grosses for Sony, Fox has added a Nightcrawler to its Marvel franchise "X-Men," Variety reports.

Alan Cumming has signed to join the X-Men mutant superhero roster, playing a shadowy blue-tinted superhero with a tail whose great gift is the ability to teleport from one location to another. At the same time, "Tadpole" star Aaron Stanford has been set to play Pyro, a mutant who becomes part of the junior X-Men team. He has the ability to manipulate fire.

Once again directed by Bryan Singer, "X-Men 2" will begin production in Vancouver on June 17. Returning is the original good guy cast of
    Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, James Marsden, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin and Famke Janssen. Also back is Ian McKellen as the villainous Magneto."

Um, now that I think about this, wasn't Pyro in the first movie? He was the kid who was trying to impress Rogue in that class taught by Storm. She called him John, and he had to light the fire with a lighter. That screams Pyro to me. Oh well, maybe they couldn't get that kid again.

Inactive Member Nightcrawler_o63's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "I have my doubts about him playing Nightcrawler, but I have to admit, he's really cool."

And... he can act! He might be 37, but he also has an acting career, and a successful one!

The way I see it is that Patrick Stewart and Ian Mackellan stole X1, just as Alan Cummings will steal X2 (if he gets a chance).

Err... how old is Kurt in the comics? (not in Evolution)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He's about 25-30 depending on what the writer feels he should be.

The age doesn't worry me too much becasue Alan looks younger than he is. It might be worrying when X-Men3 comes out and he's 40!

Alan Cummings isn't THAT well known. I'm just a geek. And maybe after they've covered him in make-up he'll look less like "that guy who's always playing twerpy villians."

Y'Know if Hale Barry doesn't get to be in the next bond movie because of X-Men it'll be pretty funny on the set. Both Alan and Famke will be like "Don't worry, it's not that great anyway."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah-HA!! Apparantly, it doesn't hurt to read news you've already known. Sometimes you learn new stuff anyway.

Over at www.aintitcool.com Moriarty announced that Alan Cummings will play Nightcrawler(old news). But what's interesting is how he went on to discribe Nightcrawlwer:
    !!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"He managed to break the story that Alan Cumming, from EYES WIDE SHUT and SPY KIDS and THE ANNIVERSARY PARTY, has signed on to give life to Kurt Wagner, a long-time circus performer who finds himself drawn into the lives of the X-Men when he falls under the control of mysterious forces and is used to try to kill the President of the United States."</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now keep in mind this was writen by someone who's read a recent version of the script!
    This statment confirms that... 1) Nightcrawler's origin of being a circus performer isn't going to be changed. 2)He is indeed being mind controled when he makes the assasination attempt. Meaning he's probably NOT going to stay a villain. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Garble ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm surprised how different he looks from picture to picture...

But he really is too skinny...Kurt's got a great body...and there's no way he can bulk up in the next 17 days...unless of course he doesn't start shooting straight away...or they bulk him up with his costume like they did for Sir Ian...or superimpose the muscle with CGI...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wooo-oo! good eye, Garble! now, if they keep the circus background one thing i want to see is his costume. he is the ONLY character that has a real *excuse* to have the skin tight spandex look, and i want them to take advantage of that, if only for a poster or photo or something...

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

wow! wizard CAN predict the future, check this out:
    *extracted from my Wizard # 107*
    cast
    i liked more the other guy, but i think they looking for a funny looking nighty, and Al is very versatile.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 10:14 PM: Message edited by: kurtlover ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it came out around the X-men movie.
    I should hear Alan Cummings with a german accent soon, from Caberet, although it'll be a little over the top, cause everything on broadway is a little over the top... [img]tongue.gif[/img] But my mom also warned me it's a bit of a...strange part. (I know one song he sings is about being in a threesome with a guy and girl. In the orginal it was two girls...I think the songs still called Two ladies)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast