Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't there an issue not too long ago where we saw a portion of spiral pad journal entry and many of us wondered what that was all about?

I have mixed feelings on the Tambi stuff. One of the things I've enjoyed most about her role in SIP is that as soon as I thought I knew what she was all about, some new facet of her character would be revieled to mix things up and keep her interesting. That having been said, I really want to believe that she is genuinly growing closer to Kat and is not a completely remorseless killing machine, devoid of any human decency or compassion. I hope her intentions, regarding the Katchoo impregnation plot device, are not entirely selfish; that she in fact has some convoluted benevolent reasoning as was suggested by someone else on this thread.

As for Dumari, he could have been gaining Casey's attention over time and indeed planned on assaulting Casey that evening, but since she was a no-show and he was already psychotically psyched up to make his move that evening, decided to settle for Monica. If she doesn't kick his ass, I hope he runs into Molly Lane and finds out what it's like to be on the recieving end of someone elses violent tendencies.

------------------
    something witty.

Jaxom 27

Wasn't it nice to see Terry go back to an older standard of storytelling he does so well. Elements of all his different tales in this issue. Plenty of mob related stuff. Relationship stuff. Questions about who with whom. David and his angst. Everything in one issue.

Anyone else miss Mike Walsh?

Anyone else think the story is mired down still with all of this stuff to take us forward?

What oh what is going to happen next???

------------------
    "To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition."
    - Woody Allen

GeminiCancer

David! You're a Christian, not a Buddhist! Why suddenly do you look like a young Pat Morita?!?!

I find this issue really frustrating. So Francine thinks Katchoo needs hugs. So what? Hugging is not loving. Hugging is not kissing, is not sharing physical intimacy. As far as I've seen, Francine has still left herself an escape route, as usual, and I'm not convinced that she's sticking to her guns until the moment she plants a big ole kiss on her, right there on the pages, for everyone to see. And enjoys it. And doesn't worry over it the next day. Or the next month. Or ever again.

Um. But the hooking her finger with Katchoo's pinky was cute. My girlfriend and I do that alot, especially when we're out in public.

Problem, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this: in her journal, she states very frankly that she would kill her step father if she ever saw him again. I'm thinking that her journal is not being used as a police exhibit in some trial to prove that she loves Francine or vice versa. It's being used as character evidence, that Katchoo is capable of murder.

------------------
    "They mostly come out at night. Mostly." --Newt, Aliens

"I can crack all your ribs, but I can't break your heart." --Jill Sobule

"Take it easy, but take it." --Woody Guthrie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GeminiCancer:
    David! You're a Christian, not a Buddhist! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But his prayers haven't been answered. Maybe he has given up on God. There may be more significance than first seemed when David entered the chapel but refused to pray with the priest. I assumed that was just an expression of denominational difference, but there may have been a bigger reason.
    On the other hand, we know David is capable of keeping secrets. Is it possible his faith was feigned? If so, it was a convincing act.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm thinking that her journal is ... being used as character evidence, that Katchoo is capable of murder.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. I'm just amazed that Ace is still alive. I thought Katchoo would have sought him out and killed him years ago.
    But if he is still alive, who is Katchoo supposed to have murdered? Have any corpses surfaced near places she has visited?

------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

[This message has been edited by Thrasymachos (edited March 28, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Thrasymachos:
    But if he is still alive, who is Katchoo supposed to have murdered? Have any corpses surfaced near places she has visited?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aside from Veronica, you mean?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Katchoo didn't kill Veronica... that was Tambi. ("I'll leave the goodbys to you") Katchoo did kill that watchguard guy though, when she and her sister were stakeing out Veronica's winter clubhouse to get Francine back. When she put the opal pendant in her mouth to keep it safe, remember?

Smitty

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

It's not necessarily who Katchoo killed, but whose death she can reasonably be suspected of having a hand in. Think of the trail of dead bodies in the Veronica storyline. Katchoo was in the immediate vicinity for all but two (?) and because of the way she was operating (from the apartment, through intermediaries) has no alibi for those two either. It wouldn't take a good prosecutor to make a strong case that Katchoo had opportunity, motive and means for each death that Tambi was responsible for during that episode.

Of course it looks like there is going to be more blood spilt in the near future (and I don't mean David's) so there are lots of additional possibilities there. Certainly enough to keep us guessing through the early to mid 50s (at the moment I'm betting the accusation/arrest happens at the end of issue #50 if it comes from a death in the Veronica issues (and if its a new murder, the event occurs in #50)). Of course after next weeks issue, all these hypotheses go out the window and we get misled in a completely different direction.
    [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">&lt;font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"&gt;Originally posted by fallingstarre:
    Why is everyone viewing Tambi's plans as being so self serving or nefarious?

A more benign way to look at it is that Tambi was trying to ensure Katchoo (and her) position through some strategic matchmaking/breeding. If Katchoo and David had a child, it would be heir to both Baker's and Darcy's places in the power structure. As parent and guardian (or in more royal terms, regents) Katchoo and Tambi would be in a "legitimate" position to hold their places (of course Tambi could just eliminate both Katchoo and Tambi and raise the child herself, but in this scenario I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt).

Of course, if Tambi has been stringing everyone along then it does raise the amusing possibility that Katchoo didn't imagine the Francine mermaid and that it was some kind of set-up by Tambi to gauge Katchoo's distancing from Francine.

What fun! smile

&lt;/font&gt;</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if it's the case of Tambi wanting an heir for both a Baker and Darcy Heir, then why doesn't she get it on with David, or am I totally confused at this point? Wait, Tambi and Katchoo are related though their father?

<font color="#669999" size="1">[ April 04, 2002 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Xtlo ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SMITTYGIRL:
    Katchoo didn't kill Veronica... that was Tambi.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

We know that, but the FBI doesn't. Not yet, at least.

And given how coldly pragmatic Tambi is, she is completely capable of leaving the trail of bodies in such a way that it points to Katchoo, just as a contingency plan. After all, with the exception of whatever plan she had for the Kat/David baby, she had no further need for Katchoo once her dissolution of the Big Six was complete.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123