Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Francine's daughter could very well be telling this story. It's more than just feasible that she could be telling the story of her mother and her best friend. She could've asked each about thier experiences in life with each other. as for the little bit that only Tambi should know, she could be asking her for details as well. I mean they're all family right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AnotsuSagami:
    Francine's daughter could very well be telling this story. It's more than just feasible that she could be telling the story of her mother and her best friend. She could've asked each about thier experiences in life with each other. as for the little bit that only Tambi should know, she could be asking her for details as well. I mean they're all family right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She could be writing the story (for shame Terry, taking all the credit wink ), but as a character, she couldn't be telling it. There are too many first person contemporaneous narations to be the naration of Francine's daughter some years after her appearances to date.

------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I doubt she's 'telling' the story, it doesn't fit that kind of narrative. But I do think SiP is going to take a shift and Ashley is going to take center stage very soon. It's the only thing that makes sense, given some of the things Terry has said, and the story will continue through her eyes for an arc or two. I guess it is also possible SiP could become a generational book if Terry decided to finally wrap up Kat and Francie's story at some point, because Ashley is/will be very much affected by all the problems and the eventual resolution of the basic conflict between them. I must admit I wasn't expecting that, but when the push/pull relationship between F & K is finally sorted out, that doesn't mean SiP HAS to be over-F&K's story may finish, but it may resonate in a character so deeply affectd by all of this (even more than David, Freddie, Casey, or Tambi) that in essence, the conflict doesn't actually end, but just gets transferred to Ashley. Damn, I already feel sorry for her...poor kid

Darth

------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Ashley is facinating, for all that we've only seen a few glimpses of her we already know she is imaginative and determined, and her favorite color is purple! I also noticed (and I may be the only one, I've never heard anyone else mention it) that she had a slight speech impediment talking to her mother and grandmother, but none whatsoever when talking with 'aunt' Katchoo. I think it will be very interesting to see how she comes about, we know she is five and that Fran and Brad are married for ten years... so why do they wait so long to have her? I thought Francines entire reason for getting married was to make babies... so? Why so long, and why only one? Francine has always said 'children' not 'a child'.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, if Francie is indeed pregnant now, just before she marries Brad, like many have speculated, and she doesn't have a 10 year old child ten years later, something obviously goes terribly wrong...
    This sort of trauma could account for the 5 years 'wait'
    Darth

------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

Jaxom 27

Except for the fact that it's highly improbable that Francine is pregnant at this point in the story...I'd venture to say that there is something bigger going on that she doesn't have more children than just Ashley...

------------------
    Ponte facto, Caesar transit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Good catch about Ashley's lisp, Anaka. My guess is that this is learned behavior. Francine and Marie undoubtedly used baby talk to Ashley when she was an infant, and she knows that they think it is cute. But Katchoo talks to her as an equal, and Ashley decides she wants to be treated as an adult. This more adult speech continues for a little with Marie.

------------------
    Magiae adfui.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Ashley's telling the story.

Another thought about Ashley; I'm wondering if Brad's the real dad. An affair or is she adopted?

------------------
    The ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Please click on that banner.
    Follow your dreams.
    ChatterBox

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Snatch." I absolutely loved it I got to see the one before it "Lock stock and two smoking barrels"
    The last person I said I love you to was my girlfriend Rei. I looked deep into her hazel eyes and said "I love you, Rei. I love you more than I ever could've imagined."

What's your favorite cd?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

*is totally confused by Anotsu's post, which sounds like a Q&A answer totally misplaced*

Anyway, I was thinking what if Francine is preganant, has a child, and the child is given up/is stolen/grows up a little and runs away/etc.

------------------
    "Be excellent to each other." -Bill & Ted
    "Do we need to have the "fantasy/reality" discussion again?" - eris
    Feminist Rants

"Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe that I'd be called up when the rage in me subsides." - Sarah McLachlan w/ Delerium

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast