Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaxom 27:
    Except for the fact that it's highly improbable that Francine is pregnant at this point in the story...I'd venture to say that there is something bigger going on that she doesn't have more children than just Ashley...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jax, what makes it so highly improbable?

------------------
    Vir: Kiron may die because our "glorious" tradition values wealth and power over love.
    Londo: My shoes are too tight.
    Vir: Excuse me?
    Londo: Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now. My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance. - Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think she's adopted. She looks too much like her mother. smile The affair idea has promise, though. I can see Fran, already in her deep funk we see in the flash-forward, having an affair.
    Could be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Um, Francine is SO not pregnant at this point in the storyline. Get over it tongue
    It is interesting that there's only one child at this point, probably has lots to do with the problems in Fran's marriage to Brad, but to say they've been married for 10 years and Ashley's only five is to make the assumption that the last K & F see of each other is at Fran's wedding. Has that been established?
    And Fran's dream was 2 kids, Daniel(?) and Ashley, and a golden retriever named Mikey. Two out of three? Or a crib death?
    Smitty

------------------
    recently separated

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SMITTYGIRL:
    . . . is to make the assumption that the last K & F see of each other is at Fran's wedding. Has that been established?
    Smitty

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

its as established as anything Francine has said (and she's pretty accurate so long as she's not describing herself or her relationships (which of course she was)). wink

------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still don't understand why it's so improbable that Fran's pregnant. I'd like to hear reasons why (I'm not convinced of her condition one way or another).

It has been established that Fran and Kat last see each other at Fran's wedding and that Fran has been married 10 years. I don't remember the issue numbers off the top of my head, though.

------------------
    The ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Take the time to look up at the moon and stars.
    Please click on that banner.
    ChatterBox

[This message has been edited by Branflakes (edited August 23, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well there was a long discussion on why Francie was throwing up in the last issue, and the conclusions most have drawn are that 1) she was sick with nerves and her planned speech 2) Francine and Brad may not have been having 'relations',remeber how she was going to make Freddie 'wait' a year, and when Katchoo angrily asked Brad if Franie 'was just good in bed' he said 'none of your business' which is near-universal for 'I ain't gettin any and don't want to tell You that' 3) if Francine and Brad have been having 'relations' after thier engagement, they were cut off as Francine became more certain of her uncertainty. So I at least am sure she is not pregnant, if she is however she would know it and she dosen't act like it.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anaka:
    Well there was a long discussion on why Francie was throwing up in the last issue, and the conclusions most have drawn are that 1) she was sick with nerves and her planned speech 2) Francine and Brad may not have been having 'relations',remeber how she was going to make Freddie 'wait' a year, and when Katchoo angrily asked Brad if Franie 'was just good in bed' he said 'none of your business' which is near-universal for 'I ain't gettin any and don't want to tell You that' 3) if Francine and Brad have been having 'relations' after thier engagement, they were cut off as Francine became more certain of her uncertainty. So I at least am sure she is not pregnant, if she is however she would know it and she dosen't act like it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Quite possible. I am simply speculating about pregnancy, not claiming to be omnipotent.

2. Brad is not Freddie. And we know how well holding out with Freddie worked for Francine. Not sure she would go that route again. At the time Francine met Brad Katchoo had pretty determinedly showed/told Francine to get lost after the plane crash, so after some time Francine moved on with her life. Nothing has shown me that Brad and Francine are *not* having sex. And it does appear they are sharing the same bed and living as a couple. If Brad had answered Katchoo's question then he would have been much less of a man than he has been portrayed as so far. He was protecting Francine and good for him! While I am not a fan of their relationship, I do like Brad a lot as a character. He is a good guy and cares about Francine. Credit where credit is due.

3. Francine's admiting her uncertainty has been recent. Probably less than a month of story time. Several months for us is not necessarily several months for the character. And as far as Francine acting like it... my guess would be *if* she is pregnant, morning sickness is relatively recent and for good reasons she would chalk it up to nerves. But Francine didn't *rule* it out when her mother asked. Yeah she had more on her mind at the time, but if someone asked me if I was pregnant, I would tell them only if they believed in immaculant conception. Francine didn't dismiss the idea, leading me back to thinking that she and Brad have had sex.

It is possible that Francine is pregnant, there is nothing in the storyline that has told us contrary. Not saying anyone has to agree that she is. I am not certain of it myself, but I do believe it is a strong possibility for why Katchoo and Francine don't get back together. On the porch when Francine dumps Katchoo, a Key reason is that wants to have kids and in her reality Katchoo can't give her that. And she does love Brad. But even she isn't sure that she is In Love with him. So she is going off to see Katchoo.

There are tons of different ways this story can go. And I believe that Terry is a very talented writer and will throw in plots twists we don't see coming. There are plenty of ways he can go. But there is no harm in speculating about a few. wink

------------------
    Vir: Kiron may die because our "glorious" tradition values wealth and power over love.
    Londo: My shoes are too tight.
    Vir: Excuse me?
    Londo: Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now. My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance. - Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think Brad is living with Francine and Marie, they live out in the sticks, and if he's a doctor he is going to be in the city. Also the times he has been shown coming over he knocked on the door, do you knock on your own door? Yes Francine has a double bed, and I would be willing to speculate that she had him over to spend night atimes. But also think she and her mother has the xtian thing going(especially her mother) and a big part of that is no sex before marriage. People seem to be skipping over this bit, sure she is not a virgin, but she might have decided in her mind to 'do things right!', and part of that would be to remain chaste until married. And just because Marie is overjoyed that her wild daughter is setteling down with a Doctor dosen't mean she would allow unwed fornication in her house. I don't know, we know how hypocritical she can be, and blind to what she dosen't wish to see. She may turn a blind eye to her daughters closed door and thank God she's with a man.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

honestly, no one can say that franice is pregnant or not. you cant, i cant, no one can. thats all there is to it. she might be and she might not. we will see in the next couple issues.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooh, this is all so interesting.

Here's my theory about the whole Francine's pregnancy theory. I kind of hope that she is pregnant. I've heard people discuss the possibility of her miscarrying, and then getting angry at Katchoo, but I'm kind of going another route.

Supposing that she has a healthy baby boy, and it grows up a few years, and then dies for some reason. Couldn't that possibly cause a bit of a rift in Francine and Brad's relationship? A death of a kid can be hard to take, and with Francine pining for Katchoo, Brad might feel the need to buckle down in his work, and perhaps not get too close to Ashley, because the other kid died.

Well, I'm just rambling. And, on a lighter note, am I the only one who's wondered what it would be like if Tambi and Freddie got married? Heh, what in-law problems Katchoo'll have.

Marie

------------------

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast