Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: sketches

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Steffi_Katchoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    This message is for anyone to respond to (I'm not picky). I'm new to the SIP board (and new to SIP. I borrowed the whole story in paperback from a friend a year and a half ago and have been a crazed fan ever since.) I've heard rumors that Terry Moore will be at the Comic Convention in Pittsburgh April 27-29. Is this true? I ask because, obviously, I would love to meet him. I would also love to get a sketch (which he probably doesn't do anymore because he's so busy) for my boyfriend. Mike and I met at a party, and get ready to gag, we spent that whole night engaged in a deep conversation about SIP and what we thought Mr. Moore would do in the next issue. Anyway, if any of you know if Terry Moore will be at the Comic Con, and/or if he sells sketches at cons, I'd really appreciate a reply.

    Steph

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From what I understand, Terry has confirmed the Pittsburgh con.
    As far as sketches, he has in the past done sketches, but generally quick, 30 second type things, as he is usually swamped with adoring fans. He sketched Katchoo's profile from I Dream of You on the frontpage of my SiP hardcover. You are right, he doesn't do sketches for hire anymore. The pace of a major con is too quick to allow you more than a minute or two with him, but at his last few appearances, he did do quick sketches while signing and listening to fans heap adoration upon him(wouldn't that get old after awhile? nahhhhh... smile)

    Have fun, I know I can't wait to see him again at WizardWorld this year(after he dogged us last year! tongue)

    Darth

    ------------------
    If you're really a Goth
    Where were you when we sacked Rome?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •