Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Sad

  1. #11
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sure, Alex. I apologize for all the disagreements we had on Mike's forum. I also apologize for anything that happened involving me that resulted in you getting banned from as many as three forums on the internet. If Mike's forum were mine, I would let you come back and try again but, of course, it isn't. If Andreas's forum were mine, I would let you come back and try again but, of course, it isn't. If Shatzy's forum were mine, I would let you come back and try again but, of course, it isn't. But to what degree I am culpable I take full responsibilty.

    Now, you interfered in Matt Pacini's ebay auction and owe him an apology and an admission of responsiblity because what you did was wrong and you know it. Do the right thing.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex my friend, if you could go back two years to
    the date that all this trouble started. Would you want to do everything exactly the same way, knowing the outcome?

    Or would you be moved to a more moderate stance?

    In the past year I've been posting hear and on Brantleys board, I have not agreed with everything that Roger or Matt Pacini has written. But I respect them never the less for their accomplishments.

    Hats of to you, Matt for making your first 16 mm feature, no small feat! Your web site is quite good too!

    Roger, is well know for carving a niche in his work printer and transfer service, along with first hand feature filmmaking skills...

    Nigel, is working on his career as a cinematographer. And I must say he has always been pleasant to me when I have contacted him.

    And guys I can honestly say some nice things about Alex.

    It is true he does not work full time as a filmmaker....but how many of you have thought less of me for working primarily in radio. Or the countless others who post on these three board who are not making a living in film. Alex work primarily editing and shooting video along with some film. He has won awards for his films and has sold Super 8 footage as stock. Along with shooting and editing of TV commercials and music videos. If my memory serves me right Alex was part of a production or produced a show that was nominated for an Emmy.

    In the past, Alex has told me, that he has
    answered post that have gone unanswered ....feeling that everyone should get a response to their post, weather on his board or others.

    Yes, I to had read things that I have disagreed with Alex on, but sometimes we need to celebrate or diversity of ideas.

  3. #13
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger- (Moderator's note, Greg posted just a second before me, I never saw his post and I wasn't ignoring it)

    Do the right thing? Doing the right thing is NOT to let you think that your insufferable attitude on Brantley's forum was anything other than what it was, a harmful tone that hurt Brantley's forum.

    Your "I'd let your try", your "tolerate me" attitude is a joke.

    First off, there are scores of idiotic and insulting posts you made to me on Brantley's forum, AND faked Id's by either you or a friend of yours (right Chas?).

    Second of all, YOU were the one on Andreas's forum that felt the need to intercede on Mattias's behalf AFTER Mattias insulted me and HE TOO tried to link it to the past, now you use your direct involvement and pretend as if you had nothing to do with what happened on Shooting 8mm.

    You act like a witchhunter, you sound like a witchhunter, and you've got your little scarlet letter spear all ready for action.

    You'll be found out bro.

    <font color="#7BC618" size="1">[ October 17, 2003 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex,

    It looks like you and I were submitting post at the very same time. Home you can go back and read my post right ahead of yours.

  5. #15
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good catch.

    I hate to edit my posts because I don't like to remind people that they can't edit theirs, I can delete but I cannot insert in the same position, (a guideline I gladly support).

    I'll add the word Roger to the post.

    Cameraguy and Super-8 Booster take a bow for your stunt of deleting every post you ever made on this forum.

  6. #16
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Greg_C:
    Alex my friend, if you could go back two years to the date that all this trouble started. Would you want to do everything exactly the same way, knowing the outcome?

    Or would you be moved to a more moderate stance?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I have no regrets about the content of what I posted. I have regrets that I gave Brantley more credit than I should have for "doing the right thing" and being a good forum moderator. The right thing for Brantley to do would have simply been to say "both Alex and Roger are making good points, now lets get on common ground".

    Instead, Brantley stood on the sidelines watching like a forum spectator, counting the posts to his forum increasing with each passing day, sort of like the sleazy ticket promoter to a wrestling match.

    I had never been in a forum debate that went 109 posts before. If I had known it would go that high, I would have tried to stop much sooner, but I didn't know it would go that high when Roger and my debate started.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    In the past year I've been posting hear and on Brantleys board, I have not agreed with everything that Roger or Matt Pacini has written. But I respect them never the less for their accomplishments.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">That's the weird part in this. They already have something they have done, yet they have blasted me as if I don't know anything. It's a weird "blend" of personality traits.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    Hats of to you, Matt for making your first 16 mm feature, no small feat! Your web site is quite good too!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">ha, ha. When I posted a topic post about Scott Spears feature that he DP'd, Calgodot came on here and ripped it to shreds! Then I read Calgodot just gushing over Matt Pacini's effort. But hey Chas, there is no negativity towards me or my forum, it's all in my head.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    Roger, is well know for carving a niche in his work printer and transfer service, along with first hand feature filmmaking skills...
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Which is why I say he should have a Super-8 forum devoted to the workprinter.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    Nigel, is working on his career as a cinematographer. And I must say he has always been pleasant to me when I have contacted him.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I tried to help Nigel once get an optical printer.
    I sent a couple of emails on his behalf, but the printer was not the one he needed. He never replied to me and said thanks for trying on his behalf.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    And guys I can honestly say some nice things about Alex.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Your choice of the word "honestly" is VERY telling. Roger and Matt's Operation "smear Alex"
    works off of the "witchhunting" principle.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    It is true he does not work full time as a filmmaker
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I disagree with that statement. I do work as a filmmaker, just not on my own films. In the last week I edited a promo for a musical that is being pitched to very very high up name celebrities, edited a montage that was the closing video for an event honoring Jane Goodall, Shot an intro for a very high level corporate fundraising project, edited another filmmakers demo reel, made new BetaCam Sp archive masters of some classic foreign movies for DVD distribution, shot and edited 4 interviews for a DVD that is coming out in December, finished my flicker film and found a day to meet with the inventor of the pin registered Super-8 camera. I collaborate with visionaries, and I feel very lucky to do so and hope it can continue.

    and that's why I haven't been around much this last week.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    ....but how many of you have thought less of me for working primarily in radio. Or the countless others who post on these three board who are not making a living in film. Alex work primarily editing and shooting video along with some film. He has won awards for his films and has sold Super 8 footage as stock. Along with shooting and editing of TV commercials and music videos. If my memory serves me right Alex was part of a production or produced a show that was nominated for an Emmy.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">We won a regional Emmy.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    In the past, Alex has told me, that he has
    answered post that have gone unanswered ....feeling that everyone should get a response to their post, weather on his board or others.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">This isn't important to only a few of the regulars, and that truly is sad.

    Originally posted by Greg_C:

    Yes, I to had read things that I have disagreed with Alex on, but sometimes we need to celebrate or diversity of ideas.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Or we can just ban Alex, Scarlet letter him as the Banned Alex, and call it a day. [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:

    Do the right thing? Doing the right thing is NOT to let you think that your insufferable attitude on Brantley's forum was anything other than what it was, a harmful tone that hurt Brantley's forum.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Blah, blah, blah. Like you really care about Mike's forum. If you REALLY cared about Mike's forum while you were there, then you wouldn't have posted so much total BS that people like me and others had to constantly call you on it. Sheesh. It was only "insufferable" to you, Alex. I'M not the one that got banned from three different forums.

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Your "I'd let your try", your "tolerate me" attitude is a joke.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Again, I'M not the one that got banned from three different forums. Your track record is of your own making. You wanted an apology, I gave you more than you deserved. You screwed Matt by interfering with his auction, you cost him money, and now you try to justify your actions by somehow connecting it as "karma" for my alleged transgressions on Mike's forum? You are really something.

    Okay, okay, okay. I'm totally guilty of everything you have said.

    NOW, about Matt's auction. You DID interfere and you DID cost him money and it was wrong. How many smoke screens are you going to keep kicking up to keep from dealing with this issue? Do you really think it is just going to go away if you keep banning people that ask you questions about it?

    Originally posted by Alex:
    First off, there are scores of idiotic and insulting posts you made to me on Brantley's forum,
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Okay, you're right. I am idiotic and insulting and every problem in your life, including getting kicked off of Mike's board, is all my fault. I take full responsability for everything.

    Now, about Matt's auction that you interfered in. Don't you think you owe him an apology?

    Originally posted by Alex:
    AND faked Id's by either you or a friend of yours (right Chas?).
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I have no control over what Chas does and I have never posted under a fake I.D., Alex. Unlike you, I don't need to "invent" friends.

    It is quite apparent that you will never apologize to Matt for what you did to him and I know for a fact that he is never going to let you go on with your forum in peace until you do.

    So, you know what? As far as I'm concerned, you win. That's right. Wake the kids and call the neighbors because in the eternal battle of "Alex versus Roger", Alex is the champion. Clear a spot on your mantle for the trophy and protect the integrity of this much coveted title, because it really, really is important to you, isn't it?

    Me? Well, I have a new grandbaby to play with so things in my life have a new priority. Besides, I can only wipe one baby's butt at a time.

    Have a terrific life, Alex.

  8. #18
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger, the day I went to be a volunteer for the California elections, I posted that I would not be around yet you didn't hesitate to aggressively respond to posts on this forum.

    Now you imply that you have better things to do. We ALL have better things to do than fight all the time on these forums.

    Repeating over and over about my being banned just proves your lust for scarlet lettering people. The fact that I was unfairly banned and that you were directly involved on both Super-8 forum bannings just means your use of it now is disingenous.

    You've never acknowledged that Brantley's forum flourished before you arrived, when I was the heaviest contributor on the forum, and has since languished after I left and you and Matt ran the show.

    What you also fail to realize is many people just avoid these super-8 forums altogether because they realize you put friendship over stewardship, and those who put forum stewardship over forum friendship such as myself get shiit on big time.

    People shouldn't be FORCED to be everyone's friend to post on these forums and I blame you for fostering and creating cliqueness wherever you go.
    You just can't blend in.

    You really need to get your own Workprinter forum and learn to blend in elsewhere, it would really help the super-8 community grow again. In the meantime, keep repeating the three strikes your out mantra about me, and maybe it will help drown out the reality that you have helped destroy great Super-8 conversation that doesn't revolve around your Workprinter, and it's now going on over two years and counting.

  9. #19
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger, don't be so shy, you were DIRECTLY involved in my banning on both super-8 forums, so to bring them up as if they have relevance to this discussion is disingenuous. All you do by constantly bringing it up is prove my point that you put your nose where it doesn't belong, then go around accusing others of putting their nose where it doesn't belong.

    Without your "involvement" I'd still be posting on both of those forums.

    Andreas clearly alluded that my signature link to this forum made him uncomfortable. The exclusion tactic that both Andreas and Mike used has simply proved that they are not stewards of their forums but jealous boys who have not done the best thing for Super-8, and, they couldn't have done it without you.

    Take a bow. [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

    And how's that workprinter forum coming?

  10. #20
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:

    Cameraguy and Super-8 Booster take a bow for your stunt of deleting every post you ever made on this forum.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Here you go again, wah wah wah wah [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Like I really give a **** .

    I don't want to post on your stupid board but you continue to break your own rules. You don't want us around yet you keep posting about us. Can't you move on? Stop mentioning my id. You've made this claim over and over and over again. Everyones seen it before and everyones knows you edited other peoples posts to your liking first. Can't you move on?. I think spamming your own board means that you have to ban your id for a week. Rules are rules.

    ------------------------------------------------

    Moderator's note, the above has not been edited in anyway, however, due to the lie that Cameraguy has posted, I do feel the need to reply on this very topic post, below....

    Lets be clear, super-8 opinions and ideas ARE NOT edited, ever.

    Lies ARE edited out. For instance, if someone says "I used to post here but not anymore", but they have only one post in their membership history, it's a lie, and it is spam, and those type of lying posts will be removed because they serve no purpose.

    Cameraguy deleted everyone of his posts on this forum because Super-8 Booster complained to Cameraguy that I quoted Super-8 Booster from an email Super-8 Booster had sent me. The real strange part was BOTH Super-8 Booster and Cameraguy agreed that Mattias is a **** , and Mattias was the one who instigated a fight with me on Shooting 8mm by claiming I knew nothing about a topic that I make my living at and have won a regional emmy for.

    Anyone want to help me understand the pathetic soap opera above? TWO regular contributors to this forum BOTH have posted that Mattias is a **** , yet they delete their posts here and buddy up with Mattias on the Shooting 8mm forum. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Wow a crime that was of mine, Noting how the nutjob who goes around insulting people on Shooting 8mm gets to keep on posting while I get banned for responding to the nutjob. Like I said, a real moderator values stewardship equally to friendship when it comes to protecting members of a forum.

    And Cameraguy, since you and Super-8 Booster deleted everyone of your posts on this forum, it will be brought up whenever someone asks or complains why they can't edit their posts. Information you freely shared on this forum you took away. Maybe you've watched the taliban blwo up too many religious icons in Afghanistan and it's rubbed off on you. If you had even a modicum of class you would have not deleted your past posts, and you would have discussed this issue in private. Oh wait, you weren't asking for a freebie from me, so why email me in private. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    How you live with yourself is your call.

    <font color="#7BC618" size="1">[ October 18, 2003 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •