Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am nearing the end of my shoot, my film is called Just Killing Time. It is set after a leaving party and the bulk of the filming takes place in a bar. I have two short scenes to film and quite a few cut aways. Problem is last night some little arse wipe set fire to the bar! I won't be able to film there for a good few weeks if at all - I am awaiting to see if the building will be condemned. I have scenes I can film that aren't in the bar and so I am getting these nailed. My only idea is to have one of the characters who leaves the bar early to be a narrator for the piece and tell the story. This way the sections I haven't filmed can be pieced together with his dialogue. Still, I feel like I am compromising the film. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have any experience of working with and the pricing of making a set? The web site for my film is www.justkillingtime-themovie.co.uk any help you may be able to throw my way will be greatly appreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I worry about the poor establishment that was burned down and that was probably letting you SHOOT FOR FREE!!!

Ask yourself the following question...does either the owner or do the employees make their living wages from the place that burned down and that was your shooting location.

If the answer is yes, then the odds are they may try and fix the place and maybe it won't take a year. Perhaps your crew could help them.

I'd also consider a quick behind the scenes spoof where you make it look like one of your crew set the fire by accident, or, write the fire into the script!