Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: AMELIE

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jean-Pierre Jeunet new film AMELIE The best film of the year so far? What did you think.

    So which of you buggers didn't go just because it had subtitles?


    ------------------
    Black Frog Productions <--- NEW LOOK NEW SHITE!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My ex girlf would'nt go cos of subtitles...made me see "The Score" instead frown But mark my words I'll have seen it by next week...

    ------------------
    Watch your back Mr Jordan!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member stop_thief's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2000
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What kind of monster is your girlfriend?

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if the only thing it has going for it is that it's subtitled then I'll give it a miss.

    perhaps I'm showing my ignorance (I am) but I would reckon it's a critics favourite? (yawn ...)

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    GER! I say and GER! again. Your so sanctimonious.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whats so 'great' about it ? most things are great to someone, once.

    why is this 'great' . whats special about it ?????????????????

    unless its just the most arty farty gotta have it on my ' ive just seen' list - then feck off to yahoo and play lovies over their

    ------------------
    Grizz:

    Remember lads. Grizz;y is hear to remind you not all fluffy mamals are fiendly

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alien Resurrection

    Granted, the first half of Delicatesson was finely crafted.

    Go and watch Volere! Volare! which probably has far more erotic content and a cartoon character *and* a sound designer! And it's 10 years old, and it has subtitles!!

    still, Amelie does seem to have gotten better reviews ...



    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    The Brotherhood Of The Wolf is the best french film Ive ever seen. "In my opinion" Its one of the best flicks this year.

    I saw The Man That Wasnt There yesterday and that wasnt too bad either.

    Jeez. A french film and a Black and White film in the same week, and I loved them both.

    SWEET FOOKIN JESUS. WHAT HAVE I BECOME?

    Roll on Armaggedon 2.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

    [This message has been edited by Despin entertainment (edited October 29, 2001).]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You like Alien Resurrection? I can see why your not keen over said film.

    Why has everybody concluded that it's a arty farty film just because the film has subtitles.
    I don't want to get in to a rant, I was just wondering who else has seen the film.
    I've been stomped on for some strange reason.




    [This message has been edited by Spoon boy (edited October 29, 2001).]

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Who said that?

    The Brotherhood Of The Wolf has subtitles, and its about as far as it could possably be from an art film.

    Besides. Not all art films are bad. (just most of them)

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •