Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: AMELIE

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I reckon I could stereotype British cinema in one word.


  2. #22
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Subtitles are a legitimate reason for not liking a movie.

    Personally I get too much enjoyment out of the way our language is spoken in movies. I don't want to have to read the dialogue.

    Thats not to say I won't enjoy the film.

    ------------------

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Your missing out big time mate. Dont you like John Woo or Jakie chan movies. Shit what about Akira Kurosawa. Yojimbo is an awsome movie. If its just the sound of dialog you like maybe you should get into radio.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Chance have you seen La Hain, Nikita Or The brotherHood Of The Wolf. There nothing like what you said. There just great movies that happen to be french.

    Spoon Boy I saw AMELIE today. It was good. It looks and sounds very nice. Its well acted and well directed. But is it just me or does the movie have no plot.

    The best film of the year so far? I think not. Good but not great.

    It wouldnt be in my dvd collection.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's interesting that Luc Besson now makes movies for the English speaking world. But I still think he makes great films.

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  6. #26
    Inactive Member chatterbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2001
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    28 replies and no one has actually seen this film?? What a load of lazy xenophobes you are!

    I saw Amelie and I thought it was wonderful. Granted, I would like to see it again so that I can enjoy it without having to read the subs but it's got so much visual humour you don't need to read them all the time.

    I suggest you all go and see it before you clutter up this thread with more of your ramblings.

    BTW Les Visiteurs with Jean Reno is a pleasant piece of fluff akin to Blackadder with none of your drug crazed angst. And it's French. But you lot probably didn't see it cos you couldn't get past the subs. rolleyes

    ------------------
    Imagination is more
    important than knowledge
    - Einstein

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Pull your head out of your arse. Ive seen the film and I said so above. But just because other people dont fancy it or havent seen it doesnt mean there xenophobes. Jeez.

    Why is it that half th people who watch forein films think there a cut obove the rest.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It at least means they can read ;-)

    But seriously, all these replies and virtually no-one has seen the film!

    That's the POWER of word of mouth, but you need to DO IT RIGHT

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  9. #29
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    I thought Amelie was great, but it plodded a bit in the middle.
    Subtitles? What is your problem?

    I think Jean de Florette is great, Antonio's Line , subway and La Haine and a whole host of other french 'subtitled' movies.

    I think you are missing out if you dont go to see a film because its subtitled.
    Film is a great way of sharing culture, and if you cant put up with Subtitles then you are missing out on some great culture and in my mind dismissing some real cinema treats.

    That said I watched Ring 2 (Japanese Horror) the other day and who ever did the subtitles deserves to be thrown off a bridge. White subtitles against a white background for at least a third of the film. It was painful.

    ------------------

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey eddie,
    is there going to b love of the dammned screenign soon ?


    ------------------
    www.5ylac.s5.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •