Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 70mm?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Red House Painter's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I went to see 2001 a few weeks ago at the Curzon cinema and before it started one of the stewards got up on stage and said a few word about it. I knew the print being used was taken from the original and that it was shot on 70mm. What I didn't understand was when he said that it was therefore fimed using a 65mm camera. I don't know much about using film as a format and wondered whether anyone could tell me how this can be the case.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member nextspielberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    65MM as the actual film, the extra 5MM is the soundtrack. 65 + 5 = 70 smile

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Red House Painter's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see now, thanks for explaining.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •