Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cjbdrm:

...but apparently there's no such thing as overplaying in the Gospel world. They call it "being moved by the spirit"...[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!!! Great observation. It's so true. Infact those gospel cats for the most part thrive on chops and what you'd normally call "overplaying". Sure they can groove and maybe do it for 8 bars, as long as they can go off and solo for 80... other than the one odd man out who's all about groove, mentioned above. Pretty exciting to see though, watching a "religious experience" like that on the kit.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 25, 2006 02:09 PM: Message edited by: CLWarunki ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's great! It is nice to see one of the gospel drummers grooving and not playing everything on 11. From a lot of the drummers on that site, I've found they have 2 dynamic levels: loud and not playing.

A friend of mine was at NAMM this year and said he saw a bunch of the GC drummers out checking things out. They would do the loud drum solo stuff but never got into & held a groove.

Mike

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the 'shed' headsup. i never realized all those videos were there. (before i've only seen the thomas pridgen one.( it's amazing to see all these young unknown great drummers.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 25, 2006 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Jookbox ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12