Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A friend just sent me Tracey's lastest post, and boy am I confused ............ did I miss something while I was focused on real life??? Like -- did people write the fan club to comment on Darren's lack of comments? Or were there posts on the fan club board??? (And who would comment there anyway?? They'd come down that poor fool like a ton of bricks.) Was it on Sony???

I'm just trying to figure out where that post came from, so I'd be very grateful if anyone knows. Granted, there were comments being made privately and a bit on the anti board. BUT I don't believe for a minute that came to their attention or that they'd give a rats arse what was said. So I am very, very confused. lol

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ July 10, 2005 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Dyan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No idea. Can't be assed to go trawling. And even if there were maybe some "comments" made on the FC boards, you can bet a rats bottom they'd be edited or deleted quick smart.

At least people got communication about it *shrug*. I guess when it's REALLY important there's communication.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Disco Biscuit:
    At least people got communication about it *shrug*. I guess when it's REALLY important there's communication.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!

Btw, I found out that apparently there was a post. No idea what it said or if there were more .... *shakes head and laughs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL Have NO idea Dyan, I have been sick as a dog the last few days so have been bed and lounge bound.

Still feel like someones whacked me up the head.

I think most people should know that Darrens messages arent written and then posted instantly of course there will be time delays.. it has to go through management and then on to the fanclub etc.

I mean even I would know that Darren would care about the London Bombings.

Maybe they could take on answering some of the more relevant questions people ask about them and the business of the fanclub

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's actually a bit sad that Tracey had to post such a message - do people honestly believe that a man as sensitive and compassionate as Darren would be oblivious to such a tragic event?

What makes it worse is that the poor guy is in Australia attending a friend's funeral...which sadly probably eclipses the impact of such a terrible event. The one thing I clearly remember about Sept 11th is that my poor sister had her own loss to deal with at the time as her boyfriend walked out that weekend. I don't think events on the other side of the world held any great significance for her at that time.

I'm not dismissing the terrible crime or the magnitude of loss that the poor people in London have suffered...just thinking that maybe Darren is having to cope with his own grief right now.

I also don't think he should have to justify himself anyway if he chose not to comment on the bombings. Sometimes I do think his fanbase expects far too much of the man.

Not sure if that makes sense.

Kat I hope you're feeling better.

Sharon x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep Sharon makes complete sense to me! It seemed an inane thing to ask.

I do have to ponder though what was the actual thought behind choosing that issue to communicate about which I think is what Dyan was originally getting at. Normally they just ignore such thoughts and posts. What made them think this one was important enough to warrant some sort of response???

Because the question of him not addressing it does seem quite self explanatory to me and as I said much more important matters they could of communicated about and could be communicating about. But such is the whim of the FC!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sharonlk:
    I think it's actually a bit sad that Tracey had to post such a message - do people honestly believe that a man as sensitive and compassionate as Darren would be oblivious to such a tragic event?

What makes it worse is that the poor guy is in Australia attending a friend's funeral...which sadly probably eclipses the impact of such a terrible event. The one thing I clearly remember about Sept 11th is that my poor sister had her own loss to deal with at the time as her boyfriend walked out that weekend. I don't think events on the other side of the world held any great significance for her at that time.

I'm not dismissing the terrible crime or the magnitude of loss that the poor people in London have suffered...just thinking that maybe Darren is having to cope with his own grief right now.

I also don't think he should have to justify himself anyway if he chose not to comment on the bombings. Sometimes I do think his fanbase expects far too much of the man.

Not sure if that makes sense.

Kat I hope you're feeling better.

Sharon x
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto. I thought exactly the same thing when I saw what Tracey had posted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seems he has posted a new message today

July 11 2005
    I went to a funeral today.

So many tears and so much sadness. And yet within the core of this, a tremendous strength and dignity in the family. Struggling to make sense of it all I couldn't help to think of how pointless war is.

The recent terrorist attacks in London resulting in the loss of innocent lives. Elsewhere in the world, human beings willing to kill themselves to kill others. So much violence. And yet here, in this church today, a man lay in a coffin while his loved ones wept. I know if given the choice S would choose to be walking this earth than laying silent.

But what a world he has left. I can't imagine hitting another human being, let alone killing someone. And yet our world is so torn apart at the moment.

When will we change?
    When will we learn?

I'm determined to treat the person standing next to me with kindness. If we all just did that, could you imagine how beautiful our world could be?

Rest In Peace S.
    I'm going to
    live in Kindness

^^ gosh hope he didnt feel like he had to write that in relation to not responding to the london attacks. Its a very honest message at a time when I certainly couldnt of been arsed writing to my online fans.

Kat

DarrensPassion

Kat and Sharon, those were exactly my thoughts too. I think the fanbase expect way too much of him sometimes. I really hope he didn't feel it necessary to write that last message at such a sad time. He must have written and posted it literally within hours of the funeral.

Janie xx

Lainbrain

I've missed something I think.

I hope that Darren is dealing with this ok, I know the impact of such events can effect some more than others.

I hope fans have been playing nice...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast