Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Madame Telzy here. Cross my palm with silver, and all that.... [img]wink.gif[/img] LOL

Ahhh we sure had some good times on the ole Sony bbs's didn't we but all things must change *lol* and all good things must someday come to an end and if it wasn't for the existance this place, I would say that that's definitely happened today.

There's no way on God's good earth that I would ever consider posting on the FCPB again. It's definitely not my cup of tea, thread content wise and the underlying tone is that of sugar-coated venom and I won't be a part of that. That said, those of you that do post there or those ppl that find themselves drifting over there, I hope you all have fun...........but watch your backs! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] LOL

I also want to thank Laurie and Steen for being the best mods that Sony ever had. They showed no bias towards any member and were scrupulously fair always. Thanks for that, ladies! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Trying to 'streamline his official forums'? Surely not trying to control the content on his official forums? So very sad.

Steen, you had to hear via Laurie? You weren't contacted directly? That is just so very rude. Did you hear via Sony or the official community reps? The 'community' seriously puts a dampener on my enjoyment of the music at times.

I still believe that official forums should be moderated by anonymous sources.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Xeno you're a gem for voicing the thoughts floating around in my head [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I was singing the lyrics from a song from long ago called Total Control all morning.

I think it's appalling Steen was not extended the courtesy of personal contact from them! That lot could learn plenty about how to treat the diverse group that makes up Darren's online fanbase from Steen and Laurie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BarbT:
    That lot could learn plenty about how to treat the diverse group that makes up Darren's online fanbase from Steen and Laurie.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes they could.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by xenomania:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BarbT:
    That lot could learn plenty about how to treat the diverse group that makes up Darren's online fanbase from Steen and Laurie.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes they could.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">.. but they don't want to 'learn' because quite frankly, they don't want 'fans' like us to be seen as being in any part of his fanbase. Maybe it's b/c we're too forthright and upfront with our opinions when things aren't what they seem or when ppl are being treated unfairly but it all comes down to control and they can't do that with us. *shrugs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep I agree it is a control issue. They want to control how fans respond and act. They want to control the information that gets out.

They dont want to learn because they honestly believe how they do things is the "right" way and not only is it the right way its the only way. They are inflexible on that.

I really hope Laurie that you are able to moderate the way you have always moderated. I hope that you dont have to moderate the way they say you have to. I know you will be great.. I am just not sure how flexible they will allow you to be.

I just think they think everyone should confirm to the ways of the board.. they really think the no communication do it our way or the highway is the way to go. They really believe we are the problem and that we couldnt of possibly been fans of Darren. They are so scared (of what I dont kknow) that they feel the need to micromanage the fandom within an inch of its life. They obviousely dont think the fans are intelligent at all... because they leave no space for intelligence to breathe on that board. If you question what they dont want questioned they close you down faster than you can say why?

In saying all that I really do hope that those who post there have a great time and that your Darren Hayes fan experience is a good one. I do know for many people it is a great place to post for them and they have no problem with it..

But if anyone needs a board where they can question things occasionally .. come on i n the door is always open here for you complete adoration and love of Darren or your questions you have about anything.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*applauds Kat* Bravo! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

That was fantastically well put hun and I really couldn't have expressed any better what my thoughts are on this. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never really posted on the Sony board that much but I'm still gutted to hear the news that it's closing.

With Laurie & Steen moderating it was the kind of place that you could have a good discussion without having the mods jumping down your throat deleting posts willy nilly, which was why, although I didn't post much, the place was a great read.

I'm gonna miss it [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah no worries Lain, they told Laurie and then Laurie passed on the word to me, so i was in the know. I must say the award for smartest cookie goes to Kat who put two and two together the fastest and sent me a PM asking if the board was going down long before i saw anyone else even mention the idea LOL

And i am totally with Laurie, i am beyond pleased that this time the bbsers are being respected and given time to gather together one last time before moving to new places. The breathing space, the time to collect one's things so to speak, and talk about the future is a great gift. For once, i am grateful to Sony.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know, I am sorry if I sounded harsh up there, but there are times when it is incredibly frustrating to me to see people (I mean that in general) always assume the worst, rather than be even an inch or two open for another possibility. Sometimes.. more than sometimes.. motivations are not coming from maliciousness, yet often people assume they are. It hurts to always read that, it really does.

Right now, all I want to do is bask in the memories of 7 years of a Sony BBS that, for everyone here, and so many others, had some incredibly joyous times on it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast