Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No they didn't contact me directly but that's not any different from any other time, they've always given Laurie messages to give me LOL It does seem they don't know how to contact me otherwise, though i've had the same email address for years and have willingly posted it in a number of places *chuckle*

It doesn't really matter since giving messages to Laurie guarentees they will get to me because she is just awesome like that. If the powers that be have a motive beyond not having my email address, that's their business and hasn't really affected my job *s* I don't think it has anything to do with control or fans, they just decided it was the best way to contact me.

I may not be moding with Laurie on the FC board but she will always have my support, in whatever way i can provide it ^_^ [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

And thank you guys for YOUR support and love, it really means a lot to me to hear that you enjoyed your experiences at the Sony board and my moderating was ok with you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to add... it was me who said "I'm going to talk to Steen" so... that was my decision as opposed to her purposely being avoided.. which just was not the case at all.

And Steeny.. I luv yah! I'm at work right now and if I start writing I am going to get all blubbery and people are going to wonder what is wrong with me, lol, so I am going to hold off in writing more until I am at home with my bottle of wine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(sneaking on at school mwa ha ha!)

Laurie, some people think it's unfair i wasn't asked to join the FC mods like you but i know that if you are on there, then it's just as good as me being there too. Obviously it'd be better if we were both there and could strong-arm the rest, like the bullies we are [img]wink.gif[/img] You are still my modtwin and your presence as a mod on that board is a hopeful note for the future ^_^ *smushes*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I guess I'm just such a bloody negative person fueled by the extremely negative experience with that community.. ....*sigh* guess I've still got a long way to go till recovery [img]redface.gif[/img] I am as tired of the constant *oh so positive, the f/c shines* attitude all over the place as others are of certain others of us seeing two sides & trying to add some balance. Maybe I'm crazy after all.

I will not apologize for feeling Steen was treated rudely! You on the other hand Laurie were not, so pat them on the back for that because it still speaks so loud and clearly that all fans are not equal.

Geez how did it get to this again, I feel so tired, fed up and angry.....time to step back and listen to the blasted music and perhaps find some peace in that.

Lainbrain

I hope both Steen and Laurie know that they were wonderful Mods and we turly appreciate them and the way they collectively moderated the Sony board.

I feel very privileged to know both of you.
    Smooshes and [img]graemlins/phone.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/phone.gif[/img] penanas for you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BarbT:
    Xeno you're a gem for voicing the thoughts floating around in my head [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I was singing the lyrics from a song from long ago called Total Control all morning.

I think it's appalling Steen was not extended the courtesy of personal contact from them! That lot could learn plenty about how to treat the diverse group that makes up Darren's online fanbase from Steen and Laurie.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh c'mon you guys, it was simply a fact of not knowing how to contact Steen directly. It had nothing to do with not wanting to extend courtesy to her. Why does everything have to be looked at so negatively? gosh...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just want to say the control I was talking about was in regards to the fanclub and the board and all things to do with that. I think we just sometimes get het up or express thoughts in our head outloud. They may or may not be facts.. just the little chatterbox in our head that goes hmm maybe. It all comes out of love of the fellow fan getting shafted or not lol

I know Steen is fine about the way she found out and doesnt feel left out.

Both Laurie and Steen were awesome mods.. both will continue to be awesome wherever they go.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was laying in bed last night (couldn't sleep, just for a change) and thinking about just how crazy those Sony boards have been over the past 5 years since I've frequented them. OMG, we've had some mad, bad times on them, that's for damn sure. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Of couse, the Chai and Darren's wedding threads will forever be remembered as legendary stuff. I will never, ever forget my reaction when that piccie that Hailie posted of Del-Boy done up as a Batman-Vicar popped up on my screen. I literally nearly fell off of my chair from laughing too much. That and the Trotter's Reliant Robin as their wedding car and the reception to be held at the Nag's Head pub in Peckham. It was absolutely bloody hilarious and for that one thing alone, I will be forever grateful to SG for bringing us together to share in it. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

They were very good times indeed. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Twizzle:
    They were very good times indeed. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes they were though I can't recall the wedding thread

[img]redface.gif[/img]

There once was a spit or swallow one though I recall [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I just remember logging on late at night and having pm fests with Julie, Shayne, Frazz and Pnut as well as trying to keep up with those super fast posts on the board. Ah Frazz's classic and once colourful pointless posts [img]wink.gif[/img]

I also remember how amazing I felt the very first time I joined others from all over the world listening to an online interview in Singapore I think - it was just surreal to realize we were all connected like that [img]smile.gif[/img]

The excitement leading up to the Spin release and hearing a new song each day and then rushing on and talking about it.

and of course from there I found this place

ah feeling sentimental now [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ October 05, 2005 06:03 AM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most of my memories come from the sony SGBBS I guess I am mourning the end of all the sony-ness once and for all. I didnt post on sony DHBBS for ages because I was in a funk about that whole SG debarcle lol

But I had such good times esp on that SG one.. OMG there was Prudence and her boyfriend Oli kept me in stiches. Then there were these girls I cant remember their names but chr*ist they were funny. Then Sara and her Darren/Daniel being tied to anything threads lol. The original Dear Poptart letters with Anni and Marie. Mine and Maries PMs about video cameras, Darren and certain men LMFAO.. oh we cracked ourselves up. When we first all got the demo cd (thanks Alli) oh the anticipation and the sweet surrender to the innocence of SG!!

The DH board I first remember when it was the blac k board and a full on war broke out with Barbie? It was quite funny at the time. We have had many a war and often a losing of fans which have been sad.. but sometimes people need to go where they need to go.

Overall the sony boards have provided a lifetime of SG/DH memories..sure theres been board wars to end all board wars lol .. but I think they are neccessary lol and you know at least we were allowed to have them!! We had some great times waiting for songs to be played.. waiting for albums to be released. Posting up pics of the guys. Having a great laugh between ourselves. Just as SG was magic some of those times were priceless. SG definately fits the quote "It was the best of times.. it was the worst of times"

Kat

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ October 05, 2005 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Kattitude ]</font>

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast