Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Portsmouth

  1. #1
    salomeuk
    Guest salomeuk's Avatar

    Post

    Hi folks

    Well the gig was awesome, the soundcheck was cool - nothing too spectacular but it was a soundcheck, lol! Darren sang a couple of songs and the rest was just general sorting out of levels,like ya do at these things.

    The meet and greet was lovely - didn't exactly hug Darren but we stood each with an arm around the other's back for a couple of photos - and because the battery was going in my camera, we had to stand that way for ages before Leonie could take the second one, lol! I was my usual cheeky self and told him I'd deliberately put a flat battery in just so I could stand there with him longer, lol! (Not true btw, it was a fairly new one!) Sweet of him not to let go while we were waiting though, I thought. He was great with Joanna - he must be a smashing uncle!

    The important thing to let you know is that the letter from the board was put directly into Darren's hand from mine - no intermediary involved! [img]smile.gif[/img] Whether he'll read it I have no idea, but at least we know he got it.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 08, 2002 11:17 PM: Message edited by: salomeuk ]</font>

  2. #2
    barbsg
    Guest barbsg's Avatar

    Post

    Glad you had such a fantastic time [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I think Darren would have made a wonderful teacher [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Glad you had such a wonderful time Sue and Joanna too [img]biggrin.gif[/img] He sounds like a real sweetie [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    I hope he gets to read ALL our letters [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 09, 2002 05:46 AM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

  4. #4
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    SO glad that you had a wonderful time Sue, and Joanna too [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I really hope that he reads our (the SOS) letters. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when/if he does [img]wink.gif[/img] LOL

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 09, 2002 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

  5. #5
    salomeuk
    Guest salomeuk's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks guys - and Terry, your bit was before all the others so if he does read it he'll get the message, LOL!

    Be warned btw....although he does use the falsetto in the concert of course....you are at risk of being won over again! He was amazing! And nothing like the nut-crunching way he sang I Can't Believe I'm Falling In Love With You!

    Someone threw a bra onto the stage at one point - which Darren held up and looked at at the end of the song he was doing before giving it to the guy taking his guitar offstage, lol! So if anyone is thinking of donating underwear (!) make sure it will stand up to inspection cos we might all get to see it! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks guys - and Terry, your bit was before all the others so if he does read it he'll get the message, LOL!
    ************

    [img]eek.gif[/img] - ooh err! lol

    LMAO @ the bra [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I was thinking of chucking my 'Bridget Jones' knickers up on stage! Perhaps not [img]wink.gif[/img] lol

  7. #7
    Inactive Member vegemite's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sue, I'm so glad you and Joanna had a good time [img]smile.gif[/img] Thank you for passing on the SOS letter, I'd love to be there when he reads Terry's falsetto message [img]wink.gif[/img] hehe

  8. #8
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks guys - and Terry, your bit was before all the others so if he does read it he'll get the message, LOL!
    ************

    I bet he'll LHAO off when he reads that!^^^I should think he'll thoroughly enjoy reading all our letters and some will give him a good laugh [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Katt721's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2002
    Posts
    1,228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YAY! so glad you had such a GREAT time [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    barbsg
    Guest barbsg's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ccccff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twizzle:

    LMAO @ the bra [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I was thinking of chucking my 'Bridget Jones' knickers up on stage! Perhaps not [img]wink.gif[/img] lol
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Someone chucked undies up at one or more of the Aussie concerts and he chucked them back [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •