Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bromley:
    Gawd, I must read all the posts before replying. Just seen Janie's joke. A bit near the mark I suppose but there are a lot more pervy threads on the FC site and they're not deleted. Did they say they were deleting it Janie?

Joyce

xx
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't happen often, I don't think Joyce; where they say they are deleting a thread. It just disappears and that is it.

It is a bit tough to actually say "I'm deleting this thread" and then delete it, because no one will see you saying that you are deleting it. But I do think that as common courtesy, it is good practice to PM the person who began the thread and explain why it was deleted. I do hope that will happen here.

Lainbrain

I didn't even get the joke so me thinking it was rasist wasn't even an issue.

I think someone claiming sickness is much more offence than any joke.

salomeuk

Well I thought it was very funny and wasn't offended. However I wonder if it was the speech impediments side of things that got it deleted? Some people with a problem like that are very sensitive about it - my ex-husband was. You see, I wouldn't see laughing at that joke as ridiculing someone with a speech impediment, just laughing at the situation it caused...But perhaps some others might feel differently? I mean, I feel uncomfortable about "fat" jokes and lord knows there are plenty of those about....so we can all be sensitive about things which apply to us in some way.

I have to admit I sent Janie's joke to a couple of friends after reading it here - and prefaced it with something like "I apologise in advance, but I thought it was funny!"!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read it cos I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't find it offensive but I also didn't find it funny (sorry). It just didn't have any effect on me *shrugs*

Twizzle

Firstly, a question!

Who on here found Janie's 'stuttering' joke in any way offensive or rude?

I ask this because apparently she posted it on the f/c forum before she posted it on here and, guess what? Yep! they deleted it! [img]eek.gif[/img] Now, I know that some of the f/c members are young (one of them being only 11) but I've seen more offensive stuff in the (so called) perve threads and have certainly seen ruder jokes than that posted over there.

Does anyone here agree with the f/c's stance on this and, if so, why? Conversely, if you don't agree, I'd also love to hear your thoughts on this topic [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks my lovelies [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW - this isn't really bringing f/c matters over here - it's more like querying censorhip in general.

DarrensPassion

Well it must have offended someone cos it was deleted quicker than you can say 'knife'!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Twizzle

Perhaps D-D-D-Darren st-st-st-stutters then! [img]wink.gif[/img] *snarf*

DarrensPassion

[img]eek.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, to be honest, I don't like what I consider to be racist jokes, but that's not to say someone else shouldn't find it funny [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, this is about the fanclub board, so sorry in advance. Their whole attitude over what's acceptable and what isn't over there is a complete puzzle to me. Someone was banned for pretending to be Justin Timberlake and yet someone else that lied about being ill for months, hasn't been.

Michelle

xx

DarrensPassion

I think it might have been deleted as Sue said because of speech impediments being ridiculed and also I think because of the underage posters on the F/C board too. I will have to be more circumspect in my posts over there from now on [img]redface.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast