Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Steadfastpunk:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by bombsaway:
    I REMEBER AT THE HOOTANANNY WHEN THEY WERE PLAYING IRVINE, I THINK BEHIND VERIZON AMPITHEATER, MIKE WAS JUST STARTEING "DON'T DRAG ME DOWN" AND IN THE FIRST VERSE MIKE STOPPED AND WAS LIKE,"SHIT, WRONG GUITAR" I GUESS HE WAS SUPPOSED TO SWTCHED GUITARS AFTER THE LAST SONG. FUNNY SHIT!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yah that was funny he just played that reggae clash song with his son and forgot to change guitars.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">It was actually "Dont Take Me For Granted" that he was starting...and it wasnt after the Clash song that he forgot to change cuz that was a SUPER RARE appearance of his Gretch, and he wouldnt mistake a Gretch for a Les Paul...Paul for a Paul

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah after "Gun's of Brixton" I saw that, haha it was pretty funny. The last show at the wiltern in december something happened when he was Nickels and Dimes, and he just sang.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the St. Pete show and I thought Mike sounded fine. Maybe it was a bad recording.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought this might make an interesting thread. Has anyone ever seen SD messup during a show? Its nice to know they are still human. Ive seen mike break a string at the Wiltern and he just stood there and sang while a rodie took his guitar and went to get him a new one. By the time he came back and gave mike his guitar, mike put it on and played one chord and the song was over, he laughed about it too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ShellyCrash:
    I was at the St. Pete show and I thought Mike sounded fine. Maybe it was a bad recording.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I guess it was a bad recording, I just assumed by the way it sounded that it must have been when he was really sick, and sometime during the cancellations. I dont know, I wasnt paying attention to when and where the cancellations were going on. His voice just sounded horrible on the copy I heard. It thru me off guard.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by chopperdonny:
    OK what is it? bag on donny night?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">No one's baggin on ya, bro. You do an awesome job. In fact, you do such an awesome job that this thread was started due to the fact no one ever sees you fuck up.

Cheers. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by chopperdonny:
    OK what is it? bag on donny night? at the wiltern show, the back-up O.C. guitar was having a wireless glitch and I had to restring and tune the #1 in like 8 seconds but by the time I got it back the song was over. at the hoot mike was using a tempermental gretch with an echo-plex and through all the switching around of the amp-rig I forgot to switch him back to the les paul.
    a tech's job is a freaking nightmare for an hour a night,dealing with bad club wiring,horrible sound gear,tempermental vintage guitars,cell phones stepping on wireless frequencies,wiping up thrown beer and all the while getting sucker punched by kids your trying to keep off of the stage,and not letting any of this distract the band ..AND all problems have to be dealt with in real-time with a 1000+ people looking on who know they could do it better. but wait, when it's all done and your exhausted you get to spend the next hour putting it all back into a trailer, sometimes in the snow or rain. ....sound like fun? it's a thankless job, but at the end of the night ya look back and think yeah, let's see YOU muthafuckas put on that freakin circus with what we had to work with here.....
    P.S. Miss Erica ya got it wrong, Black Kat Kustom is Mike's clothing line . my friend was just kind enough to let me put his logo on the bikes that we build.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Nobodys baggin on you or Mike hun....nobody is being mean spirited. We've all seen people be real mean on here. Their just laughing things off. We all think you guys rock! We all are fans, we love SD....even you and Curt, and whoever else works their asses off for us to enjoy great music.
    Your job does not go unthanked,and we even appreciate when you point out all the challenges of going on tour that wouldn't cross our minds.
    As far as Black Kat Kustoms goes, I know its Mikes clothing line. I guess I am wrong to assume once again, but the impression I got was that you have been working with choppers for a long time, and that you were building these choppers before Mike got involved. My impression has always been that the birth of Black Kat Kustoms came from Mike getting together with you to work on choppers and deciding to take it a step further (i.e. clothing line). What came the first the chicken or the egg?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

chopperdonny, it was entertaining reading your post. I know what a thankless job that can be. When people look at you and all think they can do better, just give em the bird. When shit goes down a good guitar roadie is a true blessing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Donny Rawks [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At the San Diego shows recently, I remember thinking that all the distractions and antics of the crowd and people backstage must be a lot to deal with for the roadies. Then they have to make sure everyone on stage sounds great on top of that. It truly must be a tough job.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast