Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The show itself was amazing. Excellent set list. Pretty good vibe from the crowd. Having learned from my mistake of seeing both Bullets & Octane and Mest in Atlantic City, I avoided those bands like the plague and came out the better. Mike and the boys played a tight set with very little talking in between - no old school/new school schtick and no political banter at all. Just straight forward punk music the way it should be.

A partial set list looks like this (not at all in order)

Mommy's Little Monster
    When She Begins
    Sick Boy
    Cold Feelings
    Reach For The Sky
    Highway 101
    Under My Thumb
    Diamond In The Rough
    Don't Take Me For Granted
    King Of Fools
    Bye Bye Baby
    Prison Bound
    Nickels & Dimes
    ---Encore---
    Footprints On my Ceiling
    Ring Of Fire
    Story Of My Life

I know that I may be missing 1 or 2 songs but blame that on all of those Beam & Coke's I had before the show. I can say that that was the set list pretty much in order as they played it - the middle is the only really sketchy part. If anyone else was there and can straighten it up, then by all means do so...please.

Looks as thought the boys are changing things little by little between each show set list wise. No complaints from me on that front. I heard all of the songs I would've wanted to hear with the exception of This Time Darlin' which they haven't played in God knows how long...how's about it? Let's get This Time Darlin' in the set list next time you guys hit NYC, eh?

Anyone else have insight on Tuesday night's show?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree the show was great, lots of music with little chatter. The theatre was a bit sterole for a Social D concert...Too new and clean! They wouldn't even let the vendors sell stickers out of fear that they may wind up on a wall...OH GOD NO! I should have peed in a corner or something...The crowd was orderly, but security seemed to be a bit OVER ZEALOUS. Security needs to chill. I wish I missed Bullets and octane, seemed like a glamor band of the 90's. Such prety boys. The misfits were a great warm up band! They rocked the stage and paid omage to SD. That little guy was a riot! Mike and the boys put on a great show. Nice to hear lots of tunes, some not in the regular rotation. Sound system was on the money and the lighting was cool. The pit was awesome, but we ran out of steam towards the end...I'm getting too old for this shit! I'm nursing my knee and hope It'll be back in action for another show soon. I'm aiming for Philli on the 21st.

Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dibens:
    The show itself was amazing. Excellent set list. Pretty good vibe from the crowd. Having learned from my mistake of seeing both Bullets & Octane and Mest in Atlantic City, I avoided those bands like the plague and came out the better. Mike and the boys played a tight set with very little talking in between - no old school/new school schtick and no political banter at all. Just straight forward punk music the way it should be.

A partial set list looks like this (not at all in order)

Mommy's Little Monster
    When She Begins
    Sick Boy
    Cold Feelings
    Reach For The Sky
    Highway 101
    Under My Thumb
    Diamond In The Rough
    Don't Take Me For Granted
    King Of Fools
    Bye Bye Baby
    Prison Bound
    Nickels & Dimes
    ---Encore---
    Footprints On my Ceiling
    Ring Of Fire
    Story Of My Life

I know that I may be missing 1 or 2 songs but blame that on all of those Beam & Coke's I had before the show. I can say that that was the set list pretty much in order as they played it - the middle is the only really sketchy part. If anyone else was there and can straighten it up, then by all means do so...please.

Looks as thought the boys are changing things little by little between each show set list wise. No complaints from me on that front. I heard all of the songs I would've wanted to hear with the exception of This Time Darlin' which they haven't played in God knows how long...how's about it? Let's get This Time Darlin' in the set list next time you guys hit NYC, eh?

Anyone else have insight on Tuesday night's show?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I was just complaining how no one ever mentions "This Time Darlin'" as one of their favorite songs. I don't know why but I love that song. Glad someone else does as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought the show was great! I really enjoyed the piano opening to "Prison Bound." "When She Begins" was also a nice surprise. I thought they played with a huge amount of energy, especially since they've been touring for so long.

My only complaint is that I would have liked to have heard "Ball and Chain" and "I Was Wrong," this being my first Social Distortion show. Do they not usually play those 2?

The crowd was a little tame, but that was good for me, becaue I was able to be on the floor and actually listen to the music, instead of getting hit by crowd surfers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen Social D 5 times now in the last year and the last time they played Ball & Chain was last October when they played Roseland. I can't even remember the last time I heard I Was Wrong...2001/2002 maybe. I guess Mike doesn't want to keep too many slower songs on the set list since this is after all a punk show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I highly doubt Ness would think that adding ball and chain to their set would lessen his "punk" cred. Music's his business, I'm sure there's a method to why they haven't really changed up the set. They'll go back in the studio early next year, cut a record and go back out on tour (while his age still permits) and the set list will be a 180 from what they've been playing this last year. My two cents, anyway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't mean that the addition of Ball & Chain would lessen the band's cred, but it would add one more slower tempo song. I'm sure taht they nejoy playing th faster, up tempo songs and seeing the fans' reactions to those songs. Just look at how the crowd gets into it when a song like Ring of Fire or Mommy's Little Monster comes on or newer songs like Reach for the Sky or Nickles and Dimes. That's all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was and there was good lighting,you could see when he said.What the fuck am I doing.Although he should of said it later.We are goin to give him a break!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you've done taken my soul for grantedWell make a new song.,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah i was there...i agree that the venue was a little odd for an old skool punk show...why the Fuck was i having cell phones shown at me from all angles...did they think i was going to buy one???? LOL those phones cost more than my car...i liked that it wasn't that packed and that the sound was good...the seats in the back were nice too , since that's where i sat during those horrible opening bands...F the greyhound bus???? i can't believe that was a title to a song (by Mest by the way). I also saw them open for SxDx this past saturday in allentown, and they continued to suck...however, as mentioned, Mike and the gang were fantastic in NYC. I actually loved when he blew a kiss to someone in the crowd...of course i really wanted it to be me... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast